Fridays at our house mean pizza for dinner and "fizzy" soda to drink.
As it turns out, grape soda has healing powers. A mere 5 seconds ago, she was crying over a burnt tongue. Soda in hand, she is set and ready to go.
You may recall fizzy Fridays go for this guy, too. Well, after a full cup of milk, he gets about a half of an ounce. What can I say? We live on the edge sometimes.
And this girl wanted me to take a picture of her taking a bite.
Maybe I should bust out the camera every night.
P.S. If anyone has any pizza recipes, toppings or dough, I'm always looking for something new.
5 comments:
I've had about a bazillion zucchini to use lately, so I've made pizza and it has been surprisingly good.
tomato sauce, zucchini-sliced very thinly, bacon, cheese, maybe saute some onions etc. Key though is bacon.
The pizza dough recipe from the bread bible is the best! Or Ina Garten has a good recipe that you can also throw on the grill.
We made a spinoccoli pizza last week (inspired by a pizza at Uno's in Chicago) that was really good. It was just red sauce, chopped spinach, chopped broccoli (I did it in the food processor to get nice little pieces), and mozzarella. That's it. It was delicious!
Another pizza we love that Max came up with is red sauce made with lime and chipotle, red onion, pistachios, roasted corn, and mozzarella. I think may have put olives on it too but I don't remember (it's been awhile since we made it).
I always use this pizza dough, but I don't love it. I've been wanting to try Alton Brown's pizza dough, but you have to make it the night before and I never plan ahead. Apparently it's amazing though.
Oh, I forgot to mention... the key to the spinoccoli pizza, though, is that you have to put the spinach and broccoli under the cheese so they don't burn and so the broccoli gets tender (it kind of steams under there).
Our Dave's right now are roasted veggie and BBQ chicken.
For the veggie one roast orange and yellow bell peppers, asparagus and onion in the oven, then use those as the toppings with red sauce and mozzarrella.
On the BBQ pizza we like chicken, red onion and grilled pineapple.
Also if you are feeling lazy, central market sells ready made whole grain pizza dough that is really good.
Mmmm - now I want pizza...
*our fave's.
Post a Comment