Tuesday, June 1, 2010

the Packers take Houston

Greg’s parents came to visit for the Memorial weekend and of course, we had a great time. As usual, we explored fun restaurants. This BBQ joint is our current fave, and is the perfect depiction of “Texas.” The food is great, but we love the live music and the playground.

IMG_7149-2010-06-1-16-02.JPG

IMG_7158-2010-06-1-16-02.JPG

Kate getting her groove on. Apparently, the french fry dance is out of retirement.

IMG_7215-2010-06-1-16-02.JPG

They had Papa read this book to them at least 1000 times. It’s a good thing Ethan was wearing athletic attire because finding Goldbug got a little intense.

IMG_7211-2010-06-1-16-02.JPG

Grandma made them a fishing game that they LOVED. This also got a little intense as Ethan thought fly fishing was the way to go with these fish. Only one welt, and it was on his own back. Success.

IMG_7181-2010-06-1-16-02.JPG

Galveston- when people around here describe Galveston, they say, “being from California, you’ll think it’s ugly and has no waves, but it’s nice cause the water is warm.” Yep, yep, aaaand yep. We had a great time.

IMG_7180-2010-06-1-16-02.JPG

We also checked out NASA and the Space Museum. Really, really cool. Although not recommended to take the NASA tour when it’s 90 degrees with 2 toddlers. Although for how miserable I was, they were actually really well behaved.

So, they were rewarded with their very first ice cream cone...

IMG_7233-2010-06-1-16-02.JPG

And a lot like the dum dum incident, they were a little timid. They poked their tongue in it a few times and when it started dripping we told them it was all gone and we threw it away. They sure were happy for the 5 minutes they got to hold their own ice cream cone.

4 comments:

The Hunt House said...

I swam in the Galveston Bay once and got violently ill! It was super warm though. Fun times!

Jean said...

Okay, I was going to say, how the heck did you keep the ice cream cones from dripping ALL over them?? Now I know -- the ol' "it's all gone!" We gave Weston a cone once in Pasadena, and it got so drippy that we gave up all attempts to keep him clean and just let him have at it. (Of course, he was covered in melted ice cream by the end.)

I'm glad you all had a great weekend!! Sounds like lots of good fun. I want to make that fish game now. I'm assuming magnets? And I'm especially glad that the french fry dance is back. It warms my heart. :-)

The Skeehan Family said...

oooooooh I've loved catching up. EVERY moment. The clips are awesome, by the way. What I love mainly is how you see what amazing friends they are and hopefully always will be - and with you recognizing how they need each other (good times and kinda naughty times), you are fostering a most wonderful relationship.

And by the way, best bbq I ever had was in Texas. Still have dreams about it :)

packermom said...

We had such a great time!.......and now going through Kate and Ethan withdrawal.....it's awful!