Sunday, June 13, 2010

San Antonio

We took the trek to San Antonio to see Shamu. She’d been asking when we could make it out there and this weekend seemed to work with our schedules. Greg was able to sneak out a little early so we got to spend a couple of hours at the hotel Friday night. Turns out, we could have just skipped the Sea World part cause they had the time of their lives at the hotel pool, taking their first ever shower and watching morning cartoons in bed...

IMG_0181-2010-06-13-21-18.JPG

IMG_0231-2010-06-13-21-18.JPG

IMG_0208-2010-06-13-21-18.JPG

IMG_0263-2010-06-13-21-18.JPG

IMG_0213-2010-06-13-21-18.JPG

(Thanks to the world-traveling Swindlehursts, we now know to ask for the handicap room at a hotel. The bathrooms are huge and you can just wheel the little cribs in there and they sleep in the quiet dark in case you don’t feel like not moving a muscle for 12 hours while they get their zees. This handicap room, however, didn’t have a tub, just a shower head against the wall, so, although they were a bit skeptical at first, they soon caught on to the idea of a shower and decided it was glorious.)

IMG_0291-2010-06-13-21-18.JPG

IMG_0321-2010-06-13-21-18.JPG

But alas, on to SEA WORLD...

IMG_0371-2010-06-13-21-18.JPG

Kira touched the dolphin and although I have about 20 shots of her actually touching the animal, this was by far the best shot. She was a little proud of herself.

IMG_0341-2010-06-13-21-18.JPG

IMG_0326-2010-06-13-21-18.JPG

Going to Sea World in Texas in June is, well, as a girl in church today put it, “a little bit of torture.” It was hot to say the least. And when Kate announced as the Shamu show was starting that she had to go potty and I had to book it with her and all her 33 pound glory in arms to the potty and back to catch the last minute of the show, I knew we were in for something special. But we really had a great time. I would highly recommend it if you’re ever in the area, especially if it happens to be in the cooler months.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I LOVE your photos, especially the first one of Ethan splashing in the pool! Such a great shot.

Jean said...

I'm glad it was a hit!!! That picture of the kids in bed is so sweet. And thanks again for the tip on the handicap room - we held out on the roadtrip (Tim was concerned about not being able to use the bathroom all night, hahaha!), but I think we'll go for it next time. :-)

Whitney said...

These are great photos! Did you get a new camera? Or just getting better at capturing their great moments? :) Glad you guys had some fun family time. I wonder if Greg's work schedule is any lighter/harder since he's now working out of a different office?

B Brown said...

I love Sea World. My brother lives right around the corner from there! Now only if we happened to be visiting him at the same time we could have coordinated.