Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Survival

Celebrating a beautiful victory...Finding new places to play with trains Enjoying an Easter egg hunt Accessorizing, even indoors
Note: That's a red pepper sticker on her shirt. I honestly do not know how she got it, but it cracked me up when I saw it on her shirt.
No words
I kinda go in streaks where I take a lot of videos. We're in one of those streaks.
So, watch 'em. Don't watch 'em. Whatever suits your fancy
Day 3 of the drive. Time to break out the good stuff. Turns out, there are benefits to
never giving your children candy. When you do, it goes a looong way.
Editor's note: A couple weeks ago, Kate found a plate of french fries. She was so excited.
She carried 2 around with her (after eating quite a few, I'm sure) and was doing this dance.
I asked if she was doing the french fry dance. She thought that sounded good and said,
"yeah." Since then, she'll do the french fry dance on command. She knows we think it's cute.
I've been singing to them sing they were born (poor things) and they've never sung along.
Never. Rarely would they even do motions back to some basic songs that even newborns
can do. So, about a month ago when one day they just started singing songs, I was shocked.
They sing probably 20 songs, and know every word and action. I don't really know what
happened- it's like they learned them over night. I'm not complaining, I love it, let's just
hope they get their father's voice.
We love the way Ethan says "mo-cYYYcle." We know that with how much
attention we give him for it, he'll stop soon, so I wanted to get it on video.
And for some reason, I thought this video was pretty cute. Really shows
his low-key personality.
No, we don't yet know what we're doing with our lives.
We do know that a brand new SuperTarget is a wonderful thing.
I also don't know why blogger decided to switch fonts on me mid-post
or why the format is so weird.
I do know that I hate blogger and I can't wait to get back to my computer.

11 comments:

Jimmy and Kira Secor said...

OMG!! PLease stay there!! We CAN NOT live without them!! We have watched these videos about 300 times EACH! BEST POST EVER!!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!

packermom said...

Just what I needed after a long day!!!! Thank you, thank you!!!

It's so cute and unbelievable to me how much they are talking.....and singing!! ....and so sweet and wonderful to have the videos to watch over and over! You've made one grandma very happy!

Jean said...

Hahahaha!! Okay, first of all, I'm glad you finally posted again, because I was about to submit a formal warning about insufficient blogging. But, no worries now. Secondly, I'm glad you're surviving and having such fun. And thirdly, HAHAHAHA!!! I LOVE the French fry dance. I will dance the French fry dance in Kate's honor from now on. Plus, I think that minute-long video contains more speaking than I have heard from Kate over the entire 1.5 years of her life that I've known her. Haha! So, it was fun to see the Kate that you see at home. :-)

Emily said...

Kate is a crack up. Love the sass and how she rolled her eyes when you asked her how old she was. She's so cute. And Ethan...he looks like Jimmy! How fun. They are always dressed in the cutest outfits, way to go Mom!

acandiedapple said...

All I can say is CUTE. So cute. I love the french fry dance and Ethan's pronunciation of motorcycles. I also love his shirt in that video. They are just so adorable!

As a side note, your voice sounds good in videos. Mine always sounds weird.

Nat said...

They are both so cute. I love the singing it is my favorite thing kids do and I know I have mentioned it before but I love the age they are at. I love the way they talk and their funny words that only you understand. I hope you guys are having fun in Texas you should look up Sam and Taryn while you are out there.

The Skeehan Family said...

all i have to say is WHERE HAVE I BEEN??? I just sat here and read for quite a while and realized we really really really need to have a long visit - had no clue Texas was even in the cards. And you've been there now for a few weeks! You are much much braver than me, but we always knew that.

and in regards to the above-videos, (which of course I had to watch them all!) I cannot believe how much Ethan looks like Jimmy and I'm not sure which is better, Kate's french fry dance or the smile she gave. Darling darling kiddos.

Oh, and Kate telling Ethan he's ok is a treasure - how lucky you got to be a part of their little moment.

Melissa said...

I just watched your videos. Adorable!! I really think Kate and Austin should go on a date. I wish we lived closer so that our kids could play and so I could give your kids an entire Hershey candy bar and watch them eat it.

Erin said...

Hey, we had no idea that you were in Houston--are you still here! We have been living here for about 9 months now. Were are you guys living for the time being? We will have to get together before you guys leave!

The Andersens said...

Hey L.C.! How is Texas?!(Did you know we call you that by the way??Story is...When Kristie first moved to Cali she would always tell me about her friends and i think she thought she was cool because she named you "LC"..(like from the hills) so now I call you that and i think i am cool :)

Anyways, I decided i need to look at your blog more! I serisouly feel like i know you :) youre twins are DARLING!! And p.s. I LOVE my new stroller!! Thank you so much for selling it to me.. I took Jeter and Kamree to the park the other day and we have been going walking and they love to be able to sit by each other... thanks again.. :)

B Brown said...

Max came running over while I was watching the videos and said "Kate!" Cracked me up.

I know being 2 has a bad rap, but I love it. They suddenly have conversations, sing, dance, and do so much. Much of it on command which is clearly fun for moms and dads!