A new friend here texted me this morning and invited us over to her house to swim tomorrow. She recommended we bring floaties or life jackets. For those of you who were lucky enough to be there for last year’s attempt at floaties, you can imagine my fear when I learned this. Not wanting to embarrass myself once again by my children’s overall fear of new life experiences, I went out and immediately purchased floaties. I made a HUGE deal how of how cool they were. They held them from the back of the store, to the check out, to the car, and home, where we promptly “tried them on.” The first run was a dry run, still in their clothes. This prompted the desire to go swimming. Imagine my delight. So, the 6-inch pool came out, and the life-saving devices came with us.
This just made me laugh. Don’t you love it when your kids do something kind of funny, not something you would really remember if you didn’t have your camera out, but you actually do. So, you get it forever, and you get to remember when your daughter decided she was an airplane sliding down the slide. I do.
So, I do realize that walking around in floaties is a whole different ball game from actually wearing them in the pool and using them as a flotation device. But if you were there last year, you would realize what a huge step this is for them. We’ll see how it goes. Wish us luck.
UPDATE: The floaties were a HUGE success. They loved wearing them. They loved that they could swim to the side with me barely holding on. They loved that they could jump in and the floaties would pop them back up. They are officially fish!
4 comments:
Brooklyn won't put them on, but loves wearing her lifevest. So we go with that. How's the potty training going?
Y'know, you can never be too safe. :-) But yay!!! I'm glad they love them! We just introduced a floaty tube to Weston, and he really really likes being able to float in the water on his own. (And I really really like not having to hold him and get splashed in the face the ENTIRE time, haha.)
I'm glad the twinners are happy. Lauren, those photos look great!
Post a Comment