- Kate still calls Ethan, "E.E," except for when she's mad at him. Then it's E-tan man (we call him that sometimes). I guess it's his full name.
- Cause we don't want Mr. and Mrs. "toe-head" tracking their dirt all over the house...
- They've definitely had a harder time adjusting to the changes than I realized they would. We're working through it. At first, they wanted to bring their blankies with them everywhere. I've convinced them to reconsider and bring their favorite toy, instead. Ethan always brings Lightening McQueen and Tow Mater and Kate always brings Sleeping Beauty (or seeping booty) and Belle.
- This morning Kate told her dolly she was going to change her diaper "real quickie."
- When they hear a sound they don't recognize, they ask, "what's that noisy?"
- Last night, they saw lightening and heard thunder for the first time (that they were really aware of). They thought it was so cool
- Kate loves things that are "teeny tiny." When we're looking for rocks, she finds the teeny tiny ones. She likes to eat teeny tiny bites. And she lifts up her shoulders and eyebrows and whispers, "teeny tiny." It's usually followed by "oh, cute."
- I learned why it is that Ethan doesn't like to eat. I don't know why it took me so long, cause my brother, Matt, has the same problem. I could never understand it myself, but it's that eating is boring. So... during lunchtime and dinnertime (he's usually hungry enough to eat breakfast), I become the entertainment. I sing. I dance. I taunt him and tell him that he better not eat one more bite, or I'll tickle him. The chicken dances. The BBQ sauce sings. Lightening McQueen takes a bite. Now, he eats. A lot. If my teenage self could see me now...
- Instead of saying "mine," they say, "my's." Like mommy's, daddy's, my's. Makes sense.
- When things match, they say, "same. same." Ethan was thrilled this morning that they were wearing matching flip flops. He was dancing around, saying "same same."
- "whassat?" all. day. long.
- The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss is Kate's favorite book. She can read it all by herself but would prefer if I read it to her.
- Ethan's current favorite is Trains, Cranes, and Troublesome Trucks (a Thomas the train book), but his changes a lot
- If I ask them where something is, they say, "I 'o know. Mayme..." and then fill in a possible location, like their room, the car, or my bag.
- They like their milk "nice and warm." After baths, they get "nice and dry" and then put on their pjs and get "nice and cozy." Yep, it's 1920 in our house.
- If Kate would hold Ethan's hand everywhere they went, Ethan would be the happiest boy in the world.
- We went to the Aquarium this weekend. It was such a cool aquarium. Ethan was in heaven, but he was also all business. I think this boy likes fish.
- The other day at lunch, I asked if they wanted a fork or a spoon, they both said, "both."
Don't judge the mac 'n cheese. At least there's peas in there.
5 comments:
How is it that your adorable twins look at big as my 90th percentile girl who is two months older? It seems like they're at similar stages. Anna asks "what's that called?" all day long too.
"At least there's peas in there..." HAHAHA!!! We went to Cafe Rio again today, and Weston had tortilla strips for lunch. So, no, I won't judge.
Oh my gosh, I LOVE that photo of the Potato Head shoes. LOL!!! And I love the constant "nice and's"... and the dancing at lunchtime (because it's so BORING, I know), and the whassat's. Yep, I get those all day, too. And the holding hands thing is SO SWEET!! Awww. We sure miss those kiddos!!
I can't believe how much they are talking. In my mind they haven't changed since I last saw them. We will definitely need to make a Houston/LA trip...
So I want to know if the kids or Greg put "toe-heads" shoes in the entryway. Can't wait to see you!
You could tuna in that Mac N Cheese like your grandma used to do to your poor dad and me - can't eat that stuff to this day!
Post a Comment