Ever wondered what the best day to go to the zoo is? Turns out it's the day after a huge rainstorm. There was NO ONE there, except for crazy animal loving people who go to the zoo every day. I swear every where we went the people near us knew the animals by name and were talking to them like they were their own children. The weather was beautiful (albeit a little cool for us Californians). And it seemed like the animals were just as excited to see good weather as we were. They were out and running around. I've never seen animals at the zoo so active. The kids got out and ran around and had a great time, although I'm not sure how many animals they actually cared to see. I think their favorite things were the ducks swimming in the flamingo pond. Oh well, it was fun, and I got a huge bag of kettle corn out of it.
5 comments:
Sweet!! Who knew? Tim went to the zoo one time during a rainstorm (it was for school or something), and it was the same way -- there was almost no one there, and the animals were totally active. (Isn't it funny that when it rains, animals come alive and party, while humans whimper and hide indoors? Haha! Crazy humans.)
Sounds so fun.....glad you had a good day and glad the kids got to run around after 6 days of rain! You guys are so good to take them so many places!
Looks like fun! Is their hair a little red? The picture in the stroller looks a tiny bit strawberry blonde.
Darling either way.
I don't think I've ever seen the animals at the LA Zoo "lively" . What a great day to go.
Kettle corn...Yum!
Your kids are soooo big now! I love reading your blog updates, Lauren. Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment