Tuesday, January 19, 2010

a lesson in twinese

So maybe I'm the mom who doesn't correct my kids when they say something completely incorrectly. If I can understand it, it's good enough for me. Don't get me wrong, it totally melts my heart when they say things like, "chicken" and pronounce it perfectly. But then again, they have the rest of their lives to speak perfectly. I always heard that twins had their own language. I'm not exactly buying into that, but it is strange how one will start calling something by something funny, and even if the other was saying it right before, they will switch. They pretty much call everything by the same name. And I don't correct them.
  • hayo- hello
  • hico- helicopter
  • E.E- Ethan
  • Deet- Kate
  • hode you- I would like you to hold me
  • cars- colors (as in, they would like to color)
  • tet- they want to build a tent
  • nuk/ nuch- milk
  • take it- they would like to take the toy they're holding with them
  • Binkin- their cousin, Lincoln
  • yep- an answer in the affirmative
  • beak- grape
  • zapa- pasta
  • yeyow- yellow
  • Wodie- Rosie (as in Thomas the train's friend)
  • Goopy- Goofy
  • bimins- vitamins
  • bwee bwee- their blankie (not just any blankie, THEIR blankie. any other would be called banket)
  • Pooper- their friend, Kooper
  • wice- either rice, or shredded cheese; they think they're synonymous
  • dip it- they would like to dip their food in something, usually ketchup
  • Is!- as in, "there it is!" they have found what they are looking for
I c a n N O T believe that they are 22 months. I have never said that about them before. That must mean things are going well. I'll take it.
A rare family photo taken after an even more rare successful lunch outing

7 comments:

Emily said...

That's so cute! Josh and I just made a list of words Rex says and it gave us a good laugh thinking about how he says a lot of them incorrectly. We've even started calling a few things by "his words". I know that's probably bad, but oh well. Your kids are so cute!

Nicole + Brock said...

I can't believe how big they are getting. I remember when they were just babies. Man where does the time go. Oh and since I keep forgetting to call and tell you. Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry I forgot.

Jimmy and Kira Secor said...

You forgot their favorite aunt KIKI!! They say that very well!!(so i hear)

B Brown said...

I'm with you, if I understand it then its an official word. It's sad when those little words start to be replaced with 3 & 4 word sentences.
Max loves "dip it" as well. Lately he'll eat anything so long as he can dip it.

Jean said...

Hahahahaha... I love this language that they've developed. Especially names - Pooper and Goopy - LOL!!

packermom said...

so, so cute!!! Love the words, love the pictures!!

Larson Family said...

You look darling as a family. Random request/question? Is that a Ju Ju Be diaper bag? I'm trying to figure out what to get now that I will need my hand a little more free. I'm wanting a backpack type bag and am wondering what you think of yours. Also, did you ever try a PPB or a Baby Kaed? Sorry to ask this here; I couldn't find your email address. Thanks!