
Everyone has that person in their life that they look up to, adore, want to be like, etc. For me, it is my grandpa. He is the kindest and most humble man I have ever known. He has never in his life even thought of doing anything but the right thing. I honestly couldn't even begin to think of my favorite thing about him, so I will just say the first 2 that have come to mind. He loves and absolutely adores my grandma, as well as all of his children and grandchildren. Second, this man always has a good joke to tell, and I don't recall ever hearing a repeat.
Well, this wonderful man will be turning 90 this November and we figured August is an easier month to get everyone together, so we had a party for him this weekend. As a side note, we affectionately call him "Bumpa." I guess one of the grandkids couldn't say grandpa, so Bumpa it became.

Wise words from Bumpa- "Water is for baptizing. For everything else, there is Diet Coke."

My family

All of the cousins (well, minus a few, but most of them).

The whole party.
cousin Sean, me, cousin Steve, cousin Caitlin, SIL Kira, brother Jimmy, brother Matt
Again, the chair. If you must, zoom in on her hair clip, and well, I won't be embarrassed if you want to tell me how cute it is.

Ethan could not get enough of the balloons. Or all the attention.


I'm sensing some mischievous activity going on...

3 out of 4. Not bad.

The man of the hour

Thank you, Bumpa, for being the man that you are. It was fun celebrating you. And lots and lots of thanks to my mom and Aunt Jane for all of the many hours and planning luncheons that it took to put this together. It was fabulous!
6 comments:
Wow. COOLEST B-DAY PARTY EVER. Those t-shirts are awesome!! Yay Bumpa!!
Looks like a great party, and yes.......Kate's hair clip is darling as they all are!
What a darling idea for a bday party. Happy Birthday!
What cute T-Shirts! I have a Bumpa too. I've only met 2 others...
Looks like you guys have been having FUN! The birthday party looks awesome and you can't beat the beach!
So fun, I just love when family gets together for stuff like that. I didn't really know my grandparents, but I hope my kids think of their gpa's that way when they get older.
Post a Comment