Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'm so crafty

A friend taught me how to embroider a few weeks ago. I know, most girls learn this when they're 8, but I'm a little slow. It's pretty fun and I went a little crazy. I think I'll stop for now. She also taught us how to make these frames, starting with the $1 frames from Micheal's. I'm seriously so impressed with people who can come up with these things. Here's my finished projects. One for the kids' bathroom:And one for my green kitchen:
Just pretend the pear frame is straight. I fixed it after I saw this photo. And here's a photo of my little friends enjoying some cookies and milk. They deserved it. Ethan had a rough day (but is doing well now) and Kate was a trooper.

14 comments:

Andrea J said...

I like your embroidery, not something I know how to do. The elephant is my favorite.

Jenn said...

Those turned out great! I finally picked mine up again, last night, & finished it. Now for the frames... where do you find the time?!?

acandiedapple said...

Way to be Lauren! I love that bird. So cute!

Nat said...

Nicely done!! I looove the fruit embroidery. Don't hate me if I copy you. :)

Millicent said...

Holy cow, it's Martha Stewart! Love this!

packermom said...

So cute! Glad you can find the time to do something fun for you!!! I can't wait to see them .......and our little monkeys.

sachia said...

Yay...so proud of you mama! They look great and I love the green!

dana said...

Lauren, those are so cute! They turned out great. I love that you did brown thread and brown frames. great combo.

Jean said...

I love these. You ARE so crafty!! Woohoo!!

B Brown said...

You are crafty! I love the lime color & fruit.

Alissa said...

Those are darling. Glad Ethan's doing well.

Lorraine said...

So glad you posted your embroidered creations. They are great!

The Skeehan Family said...

ummm...... can you teach me?! :)

amelia said...

I am totally going to steal this idea from you. I bought some of these JoAnns frames (the ones you have in your kitchen), painted them and put in little pictures I drew, thinking they'd be cute (they weren't).