
12pm: The said little monkeys arrive (fashionably late) ready to P A R T Y!!!
Ready for a really great story? Yes, the morning of the twins' very first birthday party, Ethan and Greg got in a fight. Greg didn't really know it was a fight when he was unassumingly playing with Kate and Ethan's finger comes out of nowhere into Greg's eyeball. A fairly long story short, he scratched the cornea (as told by the ER doctor) and Greg's been in pain and unable to see out of his left eye since. The doctor says he should be able to see within 5 or so days. He was pretty miserable throughout the party and finally decided to tape his own eye shut for a little bit of comfort.










11 comments:
Great posts, Lauren!! Brandon can relate to the eye problem. If you remember a few weeks before law school, someone tossed a nail and it scraped his eyeball - ouch! Sorry, Greg! At least Duke is winning!
Looks like a fun day! Who is the talent who made the cake? Amazing!
Wow, looks like the twins made quite a killing! And I love the cake. So cute. Did you have it made somewhere or did you make it??
Looks like a fun party for two adorable little monkeys. Nate and Ethan have the same blue/yellow shoes. They are the best!
Happy Birthday kiddos!
That eye poke move must be in the jeans. I think I saw GP attempt it on the b-ball court a few times (though I won't mention on who).
Glad the kiddos had a nice party.
Happy Birthday, Ethan and Kate! I thought it was coming up soon. They are so cute.
Hey Lauren, this is Gabby (Scott and Gaby Tandberg), how are you guys?
Greg once left a link to your blog on one of his emails and I've been able to come and check you out once in a while, but never had the courage to say hi or anything... Tonight I've been procrastinating on the internet and decided to play catch up with everybody, so here I am to drop our much delayed "hi". Your babies are one year old!!! Woww!! Time sure flies! It seems like just yesterday Greg emailed us pictures of them in the hospital, so tiny and fragile... Look at them now, they're so big and strong, and BEAUTIFUL!!! They look like tons of fun!
Sorry about Greg's eyes - they looked painful.
Well, I sure all is going well with you guys and Happy Birthday to your cute little ones!! BTW, California looks beautiful - hopefully someday we'll be able to visit Cali and see the Packers again!
Gabby
Happy birthday to the kiddos!! What a party -- awesome!!! That monkey cake is ADORABLE!! I love Kate's frilly skirt!!
Aww, poor Greg! My friend's daughter scratched her cornea one time, and the doctor said it can be really painful, but that it would get better in a few days. She just wore a patch over her eye for 3 days, and then it was fine! So, hang in there!
Happy Birthday to the twins! It looks like they had a great time and partied hard. Not sure why Ethan was so shy about his cupcake though! Hmmm....
P.S. Pooooor Greg. Hope he is doing better!!!!
Man, the Secor's know how to throw a PARTY! (sorry Greg, I'm sure the Packer's do too).
Am IN LOVE with Kate's skirt - you have to tell me where you got it. And who is the chef behind the cake?? I am uber impressed - fondant is like my nemesis. And oh, their shoes are darling too... but come on, they are YOUR kids, I expect nothing less.
Do give greg my apologies, it's not every day a grown man can get beaten up by a one year old though. Skills, I tell ya.
Happy Birthday to the twinners! Looks like you guys had a blast. And that cake is adorable!! What a great sympathy shot of Greg. Hope he feels better! :)
Post a Comment