Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Matthew

I may have mentioned once or twice, or three thousand times, that Matt was coming home. 
With spring break behind us and the twins being kindergators, I was fortunate to have my mother-in-law come out to hold down the fort while I went home for the big homecoming. 
In scheduling my flight, I had the option to connect with Matt in Phoenix and be on his flight. You better believe I jumped on that opportunity. It was a surprise to him and truth be told, I have never been more nervous/anxious for anything in my whole life. 
When I got to the gate, they were getting ready to board. I spotted him!
If I even had half the nerves, I could have carried out one of the million plans I had in my head. 
 But you all know me. It's no surprise that plans were thrown out the window and I just walked right up to him. I stood next to him really closely and just waited. 
He first tried to scoot away from this crazy lady standing next to him. 
Then he realized that the crazy lady was his sister.
Then he shoved me. 
We hugged.
I cried.

Then we took a picture for all family members waiting on pins and needles for this very text:

 Then we boarded and got an hour and a half of uninterrupted bro/sis convo. 
It was glorious.

When we got into California, a few people were excited to see someone's face.





Matt's priorities haven't changed much. 
1. Family
2. Golf
3. Food

So after a round of golf, we all met at Taco Lita.

It may not look like much, but this here is the best been and cheese burrito in all the world.

Saturday evening was a fun little party with more food, family, and friends.
Anything cuter than cousins sneaking cookies? I think not.

Kristen's pretty set on sibling photos being taken in birth order. 
It takes more attempts than taking pictures of toddlers, I tell you.

But eventually, we get our act together.

And even the 'rental units clean up nicely.

Oh, and if you're wondering... it's 'Matthew' now. 
He's very grown up and mature.


2 comments:

Whitney said...

Fantastic posts and pictures, as always! What a fun family you have. And how stinkin' cute is Drew at his party!!

Lindsey said...

I miss your face! No kidding, I love my family but I kind of want to be a Packer :)