Thursday, April 17, 2014

Bluebonnets

We've been to the rodeo.
We own boots. The real kind.
We've added fixin' and y'all to our vocabulary.
Greg's been hunting. Multiple times.
Fire Ants have found our skin.

The "Texas checklist" is getting marked off, slowly but surely.
And after last week, we can finally check another off:

Pull off on the side of the road some time in April and take pictures with some Bluebonnets.

As the case with all things involving children... it wasn't exactly how I envisioned it.



The twins were rockstars, I should admit. 



That last one is a particular favorite of mine. Kate admonished us repeatedly,
"Guys, do not pick the Bluebonnets! They are our state flower!!"
So... does that mean we shouldn't use them as weapons? I think we're all a little confused here. 

(In her defense, it technically is against the law to pick them and they tell them time and time again at school about it.)


Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think the only thing we have left to check off is:

Husband must own a full-size, preferably American made, pick-up truck.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

perfection!

Deanna said...

You forgot adding long horns to the grill on that pick up truck...