Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Doggie party

From the first moment Drew knew that turning 3 was forthcoming, he has had his heart set on a doggie party. His guest list was very specific (including his nursery leader, and my friend who has no child younger than kindergarten) and the list of activities was set in stone: we would play pin the tail on the doggie and "duck, duck, doggie. It's like duck, duck, goose, but only you say 'doggie.' Hahahaha."
It was very small and so. much. fun. 
He really is the sweetest boy and was so grateful and appreciative of everything.
He noticed that the take-home gifts were little dogs with baggies of 'puppy chow' and when he found out that Janet and I had filled the bags with puppy chow, he said, "Oh, thank you mommy and Grandma for scooping the puppy chow and putting it in the bags. I love it!"


A good friend brought the guest of honor, Winston.




 He thought us singing to him was pretty awesome sauce.


Oh, how I love this boy of mine.

And for the boring stuff that no one cares about but I:
  • He is very affectionate, tells everyone that he loves them, kisses the special ones, and likes to snuggle up and watch a movie (still Umizoomi)
  • Gave up naps
  • Is very aware of people's feelings and always wants everyone to be happy.
  • His love for dogs is growing at an exponential rate, it seems. Toy stuffed dogs are his favorite toys and he carries them around and takes very good care of them.
  • He has named our future dog Buster and tells everyone about him like he already exists.
  • When you tell him something that he probably does already know, like "I love you" or "this dinner is good," he responds with "I know!" Like, in an "isn't it awesome?" way, not in a rude way.
  • He asks, "why?" a lot. 
  • He can be very encouraging. If we're running late and I seem flustered, he tells me, "It's okay, mom. I know you can do it."
  • He loves the Frozen soundtrack.
  • He's getting better at going to the gym. It helps when his best buddy, Maddox, is there and that at the end, he runs all the way to the cafe and picks out a treat- usually Sharkies.
  • He replaces "sp" with "f." Donuts have frinkles on them, sometimes he fills his drink, etc.
  • After his spontaneous hugs or kisses, he'll ask, "Do you know why I kissed you? ... Because I love you!"

2 comments:

Jane Packer said...

Oh, how I wish this cute birthday boy was coming home with you!

alisha said...

Could Drew's grin could get any bigger next to Winston? We sure love the cute sweet boy! Happy Birthday Drew Bug!