Attending a kite festival at an elementary school is very close to the most entertaining event on earth. A million kinders running around, guided by their helpless parents, trying to fly 50 cent kites (that they paid 5 bucks for to support the PE program). Luckily, the wind was terrific, so a lot of kites took flight. But a lot of kites found trees, fences, the ground, and spectators' heads. All in good fun.
Ethan must have been a kite whisperer in a previous life because he had his kite soaring almost the whole time. His gentle nature mixed with his speedy skills probably had something to do with it.
And now for some updates:
THE HOUSE
Slowly, but surely, our dreams of building a house are coming to fruition. They have yet to break ground, but we're getting mighty close. I have been to the design- excuse me. DREW AND I have been to the design center a few times and we've made a lot of selections. Not only so many choices to chose from, but so many choices to make. Still loving every minute of it, though. One of the most fun projects I've ever been a part of.
TEXAS IMMERSION
Greg and I made our way to our first rodeo a couple weeks ago. Man oh man. The people watching was un-paralleled. I HAD to get some boots for the event, and can I say? Boots. are. comfy! (and expensive, but that's another story). Tim McGraw was icing on the cake. One of the greats.
FEATS OF STRENGTH
We traveled to Houston last weekend so that I can run another race. This, another half, was run in honor of a daughter of a dear friend of mine. She has Spina Bifida and we ran to raise money for the Spina Bifida Association. Always fun to hang out with our Houston friends, and once again, Julie was the ultimate running buddy.
Too bad the weather didn't cooperate. 70 degrees, 100% humidity, and rain till about the half way mark. Ah, Houston. It's nice to know there's some things about that place I don't miss. Cause this girl right here, I definitely miss her.
And if you've ever complained that falling asleep in the car is too hard, you obviously haven't tried hard enough.
MARCH 2014
This month is officially the busiest month in the history of our lives, and we will never want it to end. March 1st kicked it off with the race in Houston, next week is spring break, Greg's mom comes Thursday, the twins' birthday party is the 15th, Drew's is the 18th, I leave the 19th (which is actually the twins' birthday) to see Matt get home from his mission, I get back that Sunday, the day which Greg leaves for the first of 3 consecutive "business trips" which will consist of skiing, hunting, and deep sea fishing. When this month ends, we will all be in denial that it's over. So someone, please anyone, come visit us in April to give us something to look forward to!!
Consider yourself updated.

No comments:
Post a Comment