- E and K are machines at doing the dishes.
We might need to work on their loading skills.

- Two of my friends here have the same birthday, so we had a little lunch party at one of our favorite BBQ joints. They have a playground, so the kids were able to play while the ladies chatted. Wasn't that nice of us to let the kids play in the 95 degree 95% humidity heat? We're such nice moms like that. At least we kept them hydrated. And at least we made them smile for a picture so they can use it against us one day when they tell us we're the meanest moms in the world. It was the least we could do. (You may notice Ethan's the only boy. There was another boy there, but his odds are pretty good)
- Whenever Drew hears an airplane, whether he's inside or out, he does this pointing thing, looks for the plane, and says, "Dee!"
- The last week and a half, the Packer fam has not shown its finest work. Every single one of us looked like this for one 24 hour period.
- Poor Ethan got lucky with a round 2. But he made his momma proud and became master of the barf bowl. Not a single drop outside of the bowl. (That's equivalent to filling up your sticker chart in my book. So, he got a new Disney car.)
Lots of indoor activities.

- And finally, I'm training for a 10 mile race in October. Pick your jaws up off the floor, you read that right. I, Lauren Secor Packer, am running. It's a race Andrea was going to run, so a whole group of us are running it for her. It's been kinda fun to get into. And so many of my friends here are already runners and they've been unbelievably supportive in my efforts to do this. I love my friends. Good people, they are. Wish me luck.
5 comments:
I love that group picture.
Ethan looks like he's saying, "hubba hubba."
And Kate has the take-the-stinking-picture-I'm-tired-of-holding-this-smile expression.
So soaking fun!
Tell Ethan I'm really proud of his barf skills. The day they master barfing is almost as good as the day they learn to use the potty.
Good luck with running! 10 miles is impressive.
I think the race is a fantastic idea! You will do great!
You can not ever stop blogging. Ever. These day to day posts are the best part of my day (yeah, some days are that exciting.) They are precious and I LOVe them!
Good luck on the running. I think it's an amazing thing to do for her.....and you!
So your blogs are hilarious...just so you know. I definitely need to start training Zach on the dish washing action. Why have I waited so long? Also, the odds are definitely in favor of the few boys in the 3-5 age range in our ward.
Post a Comment