Do you ever feel gypped that you don't have a twin? Cause sometimes I do.
I will not lie. The first 3 years of mothering twins were rough. I never even saw the light at the end of the tunnel. It was just plain hard and I probably didn't handle it as gracefully as I wish I would have. But those times are behind me and I'm reaping the rewards tenfold. These two are best of buds and often times hours will go by and I realize I haven't even seen them. They get creative in ways I never could. Of course they fight and even yesterday Ethan told me he wishes he didn't have a sister (because then he could ride in the stroller all the time; life is hard for the poor guy). But those times are few. Usually, activity and creativity just flow for them.
Like yesterday evening. It was sprinkling and an hour before bedtime, so I let them play in the rain till then.
They decided they needed head wear.
Then they decided they would make boats with umbrellas and use spatulas as oars.
I can finally admit that having twins is pretty awesome. But don't tell anyone I said that. I'll deny it.
And well, this is a story I didn't plan on telling, but I think I should probably explain the outfit. Yesterday, a kind friend invited us over for dinner. Ethan fell in their wading pool, which was full of rain water. He was clothes-less and my friend only has girls. She found this outfit that seemed "boy enough." Ethan needed to make sure, though.
E: Are these boy clothes or girl clothes?
Me: Oh, they're for both.
E: Are they Kate's (the girl's name is Kate)?
Me: .... I don't know...
E: Does she have a brother?
Me: No.
E: Well, why do they have boy clothes?
I think I see a future in litigation for this boy.
Me: Well, just in case some boy is here and he falls in the water and doesn't have a change of clothes.
E: Oh... Okay.
Okay, maybe not. He'll need to work on his gullibility.
He didn't need to know that they were capris.
They were highwaters. Becase of the rain. Obviously.
He didn't need to know that they were capris.
They were highwaters. Becase of the rain. Obviously.
I only wish this was the most embarrassing thing that happened to us while we were there...


3 comments:
Ethan is totally good on the boy clothes front. I was reading the last piece of this post, and Ethan's head was cut off from the screen. Ella said (totally on her own): "Is that Ethan? Yep, it must be because those are boy clothes."
My thoughts exactly on twins. Couldn't imagine the first 3 years . . . but the rest of their lives? Sounds fabulous to have or be a twin.
Pretty good story, too!
Oh Ethan. It reminded me of him asking you where the iguana was at the library.
Post a Comment