Wednesday, July 11, 2012

a hole in my heart

I've been debating whether or not to blog about what's been going on in my life this week, but I feel like my blog is such a part of my life and I would feel silly moving on without saying something. 
One of my dearest and closest friends, Andrea Lemmon, passed away this week. I can't even believe that I just typed those words. It was sudden. Acute bacterial meningitis took her quickly, before anyone even knew anything was wrong. 
I can't wrap my head around it. Andrea was so full of life in every sense. She loved her children, her husband, her family, her friends to the fullest. She lived every day to the fullest. Greg and I would always tease them about how they were teaching us to "live the Lemmon life." She has three beautiful daughters (ages 7, 4, and 2) who emulate her love and passion for life. 
I am so grateful to know her. She was a friend I didn't take for granted. I knew she was wonderful from day one and often asked her for advice. The morning after she passed, her sweet husband called Greg to tell him that Andrea would want us to know how much she loved us. As sweet as it was, he didn't need to do that. We knew she loved us. She was the type who showed her friends she loved them. She was in constant service to her friends, family, and members of the ward and community.
I could go on for pages and pages about how wonderful Andrea is, but I won't. Because no words can explain it. I am so grateful to know, and so grateful that her family knows, that Heavenly Father has a plan for her and for her family. They will all be together again one day. I know that is true.
It gives me great comfort to know that she lived such a celestial life and that she will see her family again. But I just miss her so much. She was a part of my every day life that will never again be the same. And my heart aches for her family who will have to go on without her in this life. This life that is just plain not fair. But we will all heal. And we will all grow. And be better people because we know Andrea. And I'm thankful for that.

There has been a fund set up to help ease the financial strain this has put on their family. Please, please, donate if you can. (Click here to donate.) And please pray for them. 
And love those around you. Because that's the person Andrea is and that's who she wants us to be.

8 comments:

Amber said...

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful person. You have such a talent for writing Lauren, thanks for sharing.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

That just made me cry. I am so sorry for your loss and for her family's loss. I can't even imagine.

lyndsey @ the stationery place said...

so sad :( she was a fellow MBA wife in our year, i didn't know her but i was totally shocked to hear the news. she's actually the 2nd MBA wife who has died from a random, sudden infection in the past two months. i feel like sometimes God just takes people away quick once their work is done...but all of us are left to miss them :(

Emily said...

Lauren,
So sorry to hear about your friend. Josh knows her husband from BYU and I just realized that I knew her sister while we were living in Durham. Such a sad situation. She sounds like a beautiful person who set a high bar for all to pattern their lives after. I know after reading your tribute and a few other friends messages about her, I want to try to be more like her. Thank you for sharing. Hope you feel peace soon.

alisha said...

Lauren,
I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since I heard the news. I'm so sorry. She sounds like she's an amazing person. We've been praying for you guys and for the Lemmons.

Lindsey said...

I am so glad you posted. Somehow I knew you would and I knew you'd be able to say what I haven't been able to. I can't find the words to talk about it - I find myself stumbling to explain the depth of our loss. You have said it all. I hope you all felt our love today. We wish we could have been there with you to say goodbye.

emilymhjohnson said...

Lauren, so very sorry for your loss. Prayers and hugs coming your way. Love, Emily

packermom said...

As a friend once said to me, "We can't hurt a little and love a lot." She was blessed to have your love.