Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday Shmunday

IMG_5587-2011-11-28-13-28.JPG

  • In the car this morning, we were listening to Raffi. Again. The CD is starting to skip (Cue pity for me that I have listened to Raffi enough times for the CD to skip. He’s good and all. But enough is enough). I told Kate it might be broken and we might not be able to listen to it anymore. Her thought? “Oh, I know what’s going on. Raffi has the hiccups. We just have to wait a bit for them to go away.” Hm. Maybe.
  • I’m starting to think I’m just not cut out for this whole Santa business. This morning Ethan informed me that Santa can’t come in through the fireplace because he’s too big and he’ll get stuck. I pulled the “it’s magic” card, but will that work forever? I mean, he’s three!
  • Looking at the above picture makes me realize that Ethan’s hair was definitely not okay to get away with this morning, even to Target.
  • This tooth #6 is taking me for all I’ve got. Last night was the first night in who knows how long he’s slept for 9 hours straight. Luckily for him (and me and everyone around us, really), he’s a happy little camper come daytime. As long as he has choking hazards in his mouth, apparently.
IMG_5547-2011-11-28-13-28.JPG
  • People keep telling me Drew looks just like Ethan. Here’s pictures of Ethan (and Kate) at the same age, to the day (there are some perks to them having the same birthday). He’s even wearing the same jacket. Fits a little differently, though. Poor Ethan. He was a chub.
IMG_1355-2011-11-28-13-28.JPGIMG_1356-2011-11-28-13-28.JPG
  • Unless you’re my sister, who keeps telling me he’s my clone. (hold your comments on the ears to yourself.) I have no idea how old I am in this picture. iPhoto didn’t exist then. I know, I’m old like that.
babylo-2011-11-28-13-28.jpg
  • Speaking of old, I’ll be 30 on Thursday. In some ways, I feel like I’ve accomplished quite a bit in my stay here on Earth. But then I think, “30? Do I have a 5 year plan? And is it “don’t die”?” name the movie

3 comments:

Whitney said...

What a cute picture of the three of them! Nice work!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Can I just say that I love reading your blog?

I think Drew definitely is a miniature Lauren. Not a mini Ethan. :)

Cassidy said...

On Sunday I was in Nursery and I showed Ethan a picture of a gingerbread man. He did identify it correctly, but when I asked him if he'd ever made one, he said, "My mom wouldn't want me to do that. But my Grandma has a train that makes cookies." I haven't heard him say that many words, ever. It was so comical. You're kids are sooo cute.