Sunday, September 25, 2011

a half

Remember this raging party? I thought I would be just the greatest mom on earth and throw a similar shindig for the bug tonight. I don’t believe there is one thing about this picture that went right. The cake looked pitiful. I don’t need to elaborate. You have eyes. And Drew kept reaching for it, so the cake is barely in the same room as he is. And he hardly looks like the happy little chum that he is. But, well, so is life with kiddos. At least I’ve got it. Drew, on his half birthday, with a half cake, that he didn’t even touch. Well, except for when he face-planted into it 3 seconds after this picture was taken. IMG_4169-2011-09-25-21-36.JPG At six months, Drew:
  • Seems to really ENJOY eating solids. Zoom in closely and you’ll see the remnants of his sweet potato/avocado dinner on his cheeks. He loved it.
  • Sleeping is going MUCH better. Still not fantastic, but a 9 hour stretch followed by another 3 is pretty good. Even his naps aren’t half bad.
  • Rolls onto his tummy within 5 seconds of being laid on his back.
  • Is pretty content to just chill, but appreciates a toy every now and then. He’s not too picky, either. Anything will do.
  • Can fall asleep anywhere, but don’t expect anything longer than 15 minutes, unless it’s in his crib.
  • He has his 6 month check-up this Friday, so I’m not exactly sure, but I’m pretty sure they’re going to tell me he’s the size of a fifth-grader. Cutest fifth-grader ever, if you ask me.