Lately we’ve been trying to teach the twins that screaming at each other is not a solution to their fights over toys and other little run-ins. We talk about using nice voices and expressing how things make them feel, like saying “that hurts my feelings.” They are making fine progress, as demonstrated by the following two exchanges today:
Ethan (in a very nice voice, mind you): Kate, if you do that again...I’m going to poke you with these tweezers.
...later...
Kate (also in a very nice and respectful voice): Ethan, you broke my heart.
See, we teach our kids stuff.
3 comments:
good parents to teach them stuff. It breaks my heart,too..... that they are so far away.
hahaha... that is good stuff.
we are steal in scream land so one of these days you'll have to tell me your tricks.
by the way, I just read the last like 5 posts and I've come to the conclusion your blog is like therapy - cause honestly laughter just really does the job - I've been laughing nonstop... the foot pose, the talking to Ethan during preschool orientation. I do believe your kids might be pure fabulousness. Thanks for brightening my day.
Post a Comment