Friday, September 23, 2011

Well...

IMG_4120-2011-09-23-15-13.JPG

We finally up and bought ourselves a house! I realize people all over the world do this. And for many people, it happens before they reach retirement age, but it still felt so surreal to us. We kept asking, “are we really old enough to buy a house?” Maybe that’s what happens in old age. You start to think you’re young again. Anyway, we moved on Wednesday, and while most of our stuff is unpacked, the house is still very empty and decor-less, so I won’t post any pictures. As our house slowly makes the transformation into a home, you will see pictures pop up here and there, I’m sure. For now, settle for this one. I opened one of my boxes of China today for the first time. I love it every bit as much today as I did the day I registered for it.

IMG_4140-2011-09-23-15-13.JPG

6 comments:

danielle said...

woohoo! you're totally official now. we tried not to turn too green when we checked it out online...

Whitney said...

Just like I suspected, it looks like a Texas mansion! :) So happy for you. The real question is, can the Worthen's & our family both stay at the same time and still manage to have our own rooms? ... not a deal breaker, just checkin!

Warren E. Icke, PhD said...

Gosh Lauren and Greg,
I'm not sure your new house is big enough, lets see Lo when your parents retire they will need a large room and bath, Greg's parents the same thing, and Doug my want to see a few patients a few hours a week and then you have Warren and me and Warren is setting up as we speak to do about ten hours private practice a week getting ready to leave the 9th ring where he has been working. Maybe he and Doug can work office hours out. Then of course Lo, Janet, Pam and I just need a chat room oh yes we will need Kate. Won't we all have so much fun?

love, SS

anne said...

CONGRATS! We'll have to come back!! I love, love, love your china.

Jean said...

Um, is that your house behind that big green sign? In that case, I'd like to clarify -- you are the happy owners of a MANSION!!!! WOOHOO! (I see that Houston is treating you well. Aren't you glad that you took my advice and moved there??) :-D

CONGRATS!!!

The Skeehan Family said...

can I just piggy-back on everyone else's comment - is that really YOUR house behind the sign???

Woah.

baby.

Nicely done!