Monday, June 20, 2011

Don't be fooled by his rugged exterior

IMG_2268-2011-06-20-09-33.JPG

Sure, I have to tell him daily not to tackle his sister unless she’s okay with it. He throws everything. He swats things down and just yesterday Greg and I witnessed a Jackie Chan-like move where he came running from across the room, and flew through the air, feet first, in an attempt (successful) to knock over a fort Kate was building. He’s a boy. I wouldn’t expect- or accept- anything less.

But I must say, this boy of mine has such a sweet heart. And it is never more evident than when he prays. Just a few tidbits from the past few nights:

“please bless we can be useful” (like Thomas, the train I’m guessing)

“please bless we can play the numbers game. please bless we can play anoner game. please bless we can watch Thomas. please bless we can watch anoner movie. please bless we can play anoner game after that.”

“thank you for rainbows”

“please bless us to be good and nice and healthy”

“thank you for chickie. thank you for tortillas. thank you for cheese. thank you for avocado. thank you for tomatoes. thank you for corn. thank you for milk.” (tacos for dinner)

“please bless we can go to the airport tomorrow and go to california” These ones are my favorite. He always throws in one of these. Maybe we need to teach him the difference between asking for a blessing and asking for a dream. The faith of a little child...

Orange hair courtesy of Chik-fil-A family night: Rock stars and Divas

2 comments:

stian said...

Don't we all want to be gingers!

DocSamwise said...

His prayers are precious! I love them. Now I know what to pray for! I love your children. Uncle Warren