Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Boring Update
Sorry for the delay in posts. It has been a CRAZY couple of weeks and I don't know that we've taken a single picture. I don't think I've posted since Greg finished the bar. Well, he has- earthquake and all. The epicenter to the 5.4 quake was about 10 miles away from where he took it and I'm sure some day he'll look back and laugh at the sight of 1500 crazy-stressed test-takers scrambling under their desks as the giant lights swing above him and the proctors trying to push their way through, but I don't think laughter and bar will come in the same sentence for a long time.
After the bar, Greg and I searched for an apartment and Greg found us one right in the heart of Old Town Pasadena. It will either be the funnest year of our life or I'll be screaming to get out a year from now. It has a little loft which I am really excited about and we will be welcoming any and all guests. Price of admission: a dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, which is less than a block away!
We then headed off to Minnesota for 5 days to hang out with Greg's fam and after a proper showing off session at church, we finally headed back to Chicago, Janet in tow. She's here to help out while I have had my surgery. My surgery was yesterday morning and seems to have gone quite well. I'm still in the hospital and a little drugged, so if this post doesn't make sense, I'm going to place the blame there. For those who didn't know, I had a surgery so that next time around I will not have to be on bedrest. The only bad thing is that I will have C-sections. The incision for this surgery is the same as a c-section, so I've gotten a little taste of what recovery will be like. With the help of some pretty strong drugs, hopefully, I'll be home by early this afternoon.
As for the twins, they are getting cuter and cuter every day. Ethan is still a momma's boy and as long as I'm in sight, he is about as chill as a baby can get. Kate is our little drama queen. Sometimes she is so happy, she can hardly stand it. She smiles so big that it makes her whole body wiggle, but try delaying her feeding and she will let you know that she is not happy. Oh, I miss those babies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glad the surgery went well Lauren. It was fun seeing you guys and the twins the other week!
I hope you have a fast recovery! I am sorry you have to go through that. It isn't much fun, and you have had your share of trials! At least this will help you to have healthy future pregnancies. Pasadena is pretty, you will have such fun there!
Congrats on the bar being OVER! Loved the "showing off at church" comment - that is exactly what it! ha ha Random thought: what if you had another set of twins? :)
Sorry you had to have surgery, that's never fun (believe me, I know). I hope your recovery goes well and don't worry, c-sections aren't that bad...as long as you have a good doctor. hahaha (glad I can laugh about it now).
so you got the abdominal cerglage?! That's great! Did Dr. Haney do it? I hope you're able to enjoy your future pregnancies!! Hope you're recovery goes fast!!
oh honey, what a busy few weeks. And I had no idea you were having surgery - I hope your recovery goes awesome and that you are as good as new in no time.
Please tell greg congratulations on taking the bar - regardless of how he does, I can imagine just taking that beast and that is such an accomplishment.
also, so you are in pasadena soon......hmmmmmmmm..... I might just have to invite claire and i over sometime soon...
whatdyathink???
Post a Comment