This past weekend, we had all 22 Secors under one roof.
Our roof, to be exact.
Knowing that we couldn't take this circus on the road much, because of our size, we planned and prepped like it was the olympics. And this family came to play.
Benny had heard enough stalagmite mumbo jumbo, so he tapped out 5 minutes into the tour, but the rest of us finished strong, all 8 stories of stairs back to the top.
We did do one big outing, with the whole crew, down to the River Walk and did the boat tour, where we once again tried to out-funny our tour guide. It's what we do.
Most of the weekend consisted of prepping food, eating food, talking about food, and eating more food. But when we weren't doing that, each couple took a turn with what I dubbed "cousin camp." The kids loved it.
I didn't get pictures of all of them. Thomas and Jenn did a spy camp, which I think won them the title of best cousin campers.
Sunday night, we held Dad's birthday party. Jenn made a cake that changed my life. My mom prepared a Family Feud style trivia game about my dad, which was hilarious. Best gem of the evening was learning that my dad once went by the self-anointed title of Don Don Duarte.
It was boys vs girls and I actually don't remember who won. I'm pretty sure it was the girls. And even if it wasn't, we'll tell them it was till they believe it. If you're wondering whether or not we took it seriously, wonder no longer.
The boys posed for a twinners pic. Secors do food. We also do twinner pics.
Monday night, Jenn hosted the Olympic games. She's the real deal when it comes to party planning.
We had teams, complete with bandanas, team names, and team cheers.
Because, of course you would.
The games were ridiculously funny, and we learned that Matt thinks Melissa needs to shave. One thing you need to know about Thomas is that he doesn't laugh hard too often. But when he does, tears come to his eyes, and he can. not. stop. This was one of those times.
The kids thought it was cool to ride 4 to a row in the car.
Not the best photo, but I wanted one anyway. Nana and Gramps, a fearsome duo.

Tuesday was a day of packing and leaving, and everyone completely blew me away with their cleaning skills. Mom, you raised some good kiddos. They didn't stop till it was all done and I had flowers on my counter.
I'm sure it goes without saying that I had a great time. I love my family. The end.

Tuesday was a day of packing and leaving, and everyone completely blew me away with their cleaning skills. Mom, you raised some good kiddos. They didn't stop till it was all done and I had flowers on my counter.
I'm sure it goes without saying that I had a great time. I love my family. The end.

















3 comments:
So fun! Goooooo Secors!
I kind of want to be a Secor, you guys are all the best!
I'm trying hard not to be jealous. ;)
So glad you had fun!
Post a Comment