Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas

Christmas was very simple for us again this year. On the Eve, we had the Meadses over to join us for dinner and then we went and looked at some Christmas lights.
Superhero poses were apparently necessary.

 Morning of was fantastic. Very low key. Ethan got his "race track."
 Kate, her "fairy set."
 I just wanted to post about this little gem. We had the kids pick out gifts for each other. On the car ride there, Kate gave pretty specific instructions. "Don't buy me boy stuff. I want girl stuff. Like princess Play-Doh or something." When we got to Target, we split up. Kate picked out a couple of superhero figurines, and Ethan showed his ability to follow instructions. I told Kate not to tell Ethan what she got him and she was really good about it. Ethan either received no such instructions or he chose not to follow them, because before we even made it to the car, he told her, "I got you princess Play-Doh!" 
She did a pretty good job of playing surprised.
 Drew tried out a new "orange juice hair gel" this year. I don't think he was super impressed with its staying power. We'll stick with the tried and true "syrup hair gel" from here on out.

 Greg had the greatest Christmas of all; fulfilling his fathering dream of playing Legos with his son.



A very Merry Christmas it was.