You better believe that the first time we saw Valentine paraphernalia
pop up in Hobby Lobby, the kids picked their cards out. That was well
over a month ago. They have been asking to open the boxes since, so
finally this week I decided we were close enough. For their class party,
the teacher asked that they don't address them, only sign them, so I
had them sign every one in the box, figuring there would be a few rejects. Then, since they were so excited and
couldn't possibly wait a week, we mailed a few out (the rejects, sorry). Those lucky
recipients.
In other news, spending fast week 1 was a huge success. $77.34 at the grocery store and not a penny more anywhere else. That gives me $22.66 to carry over into this next week's grocery trip.
Saturday was the toughest day for us. It is always our spending day. When Greg is home, we want to take advantage of his time and go out and do something. So, since it was raining, we packed up a lunch at went and had a picnic at Greg's office. It's one of the kids' favorite places to visit, so they were thrilled. And I had yet to see his new office. Win win.
This upcoming Saturday, we have a date night, so that's going to get tricky. I gave Greg 3 choices and we'll see which one he chooses, but spoiler alert, a romantic trip to the grocery store was one of the options. I'm romantic like that.
I am truly shocked every year how simple this is. Yes, I am absolutely tempted to spend money. I want to buy something, ANYTHING, so badly. Kate has grown out of pretty much every shirt she owns and I am scraping the bottom of my mascara tube. But, obviously, we're still alive. We can survive a few more weeks.
3 comments:
Maybe your Kate and my Anna can be on the Women's BYU Basketball Team in 2026.
Oh my gosh, they're WRITING their NAMES??!! WOW! That's awesome!! Apparently I should be working on this more with Weston. :-) (I get most of my mothering cues from you, since our kids are so close in age. I'm not even kidding.) LOL!
And great job on the spend fast!!!
I feel privileged to have be one of these lucky recipients. So cute.....they are up on the door....backwards of course to see the signatures! Thanks, guys!
Post a Comment