I was in the kitchen making cookies. Kate kept getting into a drawer and taking out straws. Finally, I said she’d had enough. She tried very hard to reason with me, telling me she needed a blue one, that Ethan had more than she had, etc. I said no more. I didn’t even yell or threaten.
She starts to open the drawer.
Me: Kate...
Kate: Mommy. Listen. It’s not a deal. If you say no one more time, I’ll have to send you to time out.
Me: Kate, you’re a special girl, aren’t you?
K: Yes, I am, but this is not the time.
5 comments:
That is such a fantastic story. How old is she again? Three?? That's sass. I love it.
My goodness. I cannot wait to see all of you. Funniest children on the planet.
Hee hee hee! Don't you love it when your own words come right back at you?
Ha Ha, she is all ready taking after her ma ma! I love it! Little Drew is so cute I cant stand it, it makes me so excited to meet our little one! And PS if you EVER drizzle butter on brownies and eat them we will no longer speak like ever again, and Im a good catch so you better think twice!
Love that sas don't cha'? It;s so great you are writing these down to throw back at them someday :)
Post a Comment