Well, I’m not going to lie. It’s easier with one. But to be completely honest, it’s mostly just a lot more FUN. I don’t feel like I have to be a machine to get the feedings done. I get to hold him and love him and stare at him as long as I want. It doesn’t hurt that he’s an all star baby, though. This little dude went 7 hours last night and even then, I just woke him up because I wasn’t sleeping because I knew any minute he was going to wake up. He adores his older sister and even contently tolerates his older brother’s pokes and prods. Most of you know that I’m not generally a fan of newborns, but even I have to admit this little guy is a keeper. So, for all of you out there who told me I was going to love having ONE newborn... you were right. There, I said it. Happy?
Oh, and by the way, his middle name is Thomas.
9 comments:
can I just say you a stud of a woman!!! miss you guys, and congratulations!!
He is darling. I am much more of a "newborn" person this time around, too. Maybe it's because we have an easier time pretending we know what we are doing. I was so sad on Thursday night because we were going to come down and meet him...and maybe watch some basketball on the side. Maybe we'll just have to do cousin camp part 2 sometime this summer. Glad you're doing well--you look great!
Lauren, Congrats!!!! he is SO cute and looks so much like Matt to me!!! What a happy day! Yes, one is much easier/more fun than two. Although as we both know we wouldn't give up two for the world!
So cute and so big - how are you feeling Lo, you look great. I like the middle name too!! :) It is after Scott Thomas Behnke huh? I knew it! :)
Those are FANTASTIC pictures!!! He is just beautiful. Can I say that? I know he is a boy and all, but he is utterly beautiful.
And I heart his middle name :)
and I second the above comment - you look really great.
Oh, he is so handsome and healthy!! Congratulations Packer family!
Oh, he's so adorable! And how nice that you only have to feed one this time. Now that we have Jake and Joey I feel like all I do is feed them!! Two is much crazier, for sure. And I'm not a fan of the newborn phase either. It's a good thing these little guys are so adorable to keep us going, right? ;)
Congrats again!
Wow, he IS a keeper!! Seven hours?! That rocks!!
I remember saying to you one time that I was worried about a second baby being so much harder, and you were like, "Uh, I think it's going to be easier, actually." Haha! That sounds so funny to me, but I guess it's all relative, and that certainly seems to be the case now for you guys. YAY!!! I'm glad that he's such a fun bun. :-)
Post a Comment