Last grandparent post this week, I promise.
My grandma on my dad’s side turned 75 this week. My aunt threw this amazing birthday party and sent us all hats to take pictures in (they have pictures of her throughout her life, but they’re a little crooked). How cute are they? Funny story about the picture, though. We did the whole set the camera up on a chair, set the timer to take 5 photos, run in to place, try to hold 2 squirmy little ones, all while trying to balance these hats on our head routine. Maybe 3 times. This is the best we could get. You might notice that Ethan’s hat is on it’s way down, but we went with it. Later on, I was putting the hats back in the envelopes and realized there were ELASTICS in the bag! Could have been useful, I guess. IF you’re amateur like that. We’re professionals. Obviously.
So my grandma is quite an amazing lady. One of those gets more done in the morning before I even wake up than I get done all day kind of lady. She’s super into genealogy and has done something like 13 billion names. She’s a social butterfly and is always a part of a book group, dinner group, and who knows what else. She loves her grandchildren and was always at ballgames, ballet recitals and the like. I hardly have a childhood memory without her in it. She is very crafty and can whip anything up without even directions. One of my favorite qualities, though, are her stunning good looks, which although they skipped a couple generations, she passed on to her great granddaughter.
3 comments:
WOW! What a resemblance!!!
So I totally missed the elastic in the envelope too! Guess we're both just really talented picture taking/ baby holding/ hat balancing classy kinda ladies!
Wow...seriously? Do you REALLY think I would send you hats without the elastic? You know I think of everything! :)
I must say....the balancing of the hats was more than impressive! You guys crack me up.
I have never realized how much Gram and Kate look alike, that is sooooo cool!!!
We miss you -
Post a Comment