Monday, February 7, 2011

Darling

IMG_9955-2011-02-7-14-32.JPG

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I love my grandparents. All of them. I was lucky enough to grow up very close to all of them and I consider it one of my greatest childhood treasures. I’ve already mentioned some of the wonderful things about my grandpa (most affectionately known as Bumpa (in case you don’t recall, here’s a recap: kindest man alive, always has Diet Coke and Almond Hershey’s bars on hand, and single handedly keeps Costco in business)), so I’d like to say a few things about this gem of a lady, most affectionately known to her grandchildren as Darling. She is just that, a lady. Anyone who’s ever met her will confirm it. If you ever want to know the proper way to say or do something, she will know. And besides oozing with class, she’s always had a GREAT wardrobe, she can identify EVERY See’s Candy (my personal goal in life), and she’s managed to convince all of her grandchildren that they are her favorite. To ensure the top spot, though, I gave my little darling Helen for her middle name. I think they share a special bond.

IMG_9989-2011-02-7-14-32.JPGIMG_0008-2011-02-7-14-32.JPGIMG_0010-2011-02-7-14-32.JPGIMG_9965-2011-02-7-14-32.JPG

Ethan was not feeling so hot this day, but he brought his A-game for the next visit

And this concludes my California trip blogging

4 comments:

Jimmy and Kira Secor said...

LOVE IT!!

Meagan said...

Darling looks 78 again! Seriously, that sweater is rockin' and she seems so happy and energized!! Love it!
PS I really am her favorite!

packermom said...

What a sweet tribute! I love it that Kate is named after her. The look darling together!

The Swindlehurst's said...

Why doesn't your face look prego yet? It really bugs.
By the way, love the post:)