Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We're here!

IMG_7107.azdXZVYH4qEM.jpg This is where we will call home for the next year or so. What’s that? Oh, it’s a garage, and it’s wonderful. The kitchen... IMG_7111.qYaX1bVdEsgd.jpg I don’t know if the kids are as happy as I am about having a yard or if my joy is so radiant, they have no choice but to be happy. This morning, we busted out the coolest bubble gizmo I’ve ever seen. You dip the little thing in the bubble stuff... IMG_7067.2TC63dNynYh7.jpg and let all your dreams come true... IMG_7062.AtHwYli955Ww.jpg And a hop, skip, and a jump away (okay, four houses and a crosswalk) is this park, with a splashpad and pool. We enjoyed the splashpad this afternoon. IMG_7093.a5KZ8CfF11pE.jpg IMG_7078.HzQcaFBkB80a.jpg We’ve gone a few times to the playgroup in our ward here. A new way to enjoy water and the outdoors each week. One week, popsicles came out. It was blissful until the popsicle started to melt, which led to a major meltdown, and 3 Packers were seen leaving the playgroup in tears. IMG_7020.nzpUfK4LRbhB.jpg Just a couple other random photos... Moving day got a little rough for everyone. IMG_7049.wOniRPMjMzcz.jpg Get this, California friends, this is 6pm on a weekday. And honestly, they complain about the traffic here. I’m not lying. They do. I can’t keep a straight face when they do it. IMG_7030.x8zWe67hI4eb.jpg

19 comments:

Taryn and the boys said...

glad your here. so when do we get to see you next? call or email me.

The Hunt House said...

Oh the things we LOVE about having space. I still sit in my kitchen at night and stare at all of my cupboards. For way too long. Hope I always appreciate it. Enjoy that house!! Looks awesome. Glad you are all safe and healthy.

Andrea J said...

Wow- you're making it look too good. A garage, unimaginable.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Yeah for you! I'm loving that park/splash pad within walking distance!

Whitney said...

It's amazing! We are SO happy for you!

lyndsey said...

congrats on the new house! so exciting to have a backyard...and a garage. hope the next play date goes better :)

The Secors said...

I love those two!!! And I really want to come play in that water park!! With or without melting popcicles.

Lindsey said...

After having a house and a yard, you'll wonder how you survived so long without one. What a cute place! Is Greg pretty close to work? I love the picture of the "traffic" BTW. Hilarious!

Nicole + Brock said...

That is so exciting. I guess that means that you like it enough to stay there for a while.

Danielle said...

Ok, ok. I guess I can see why you'd possibly be able to leave California. :) Sounds like you have a really great setup. That's great!

katherine said...

Thank heavens for garages! I can't wait until we have one. The house looks perfect. That fountain park is awesome! Sounds like Houston was pretty convincing. What part of town are you in? Also, I keep meaning to ask you, where do you get Ethan and Kate's ankle socks they wear with their tennis shoes?

packermom said...

Can we come play? The bubble thing looks way cooler than the one I tried to use with them......and we promise not to cry if our popsicles melt.

Unguren said...

I am sure you are going to love it. The water place should come in handy.

AshleyS said...

this is fun to see! i'm excited to figure out where we will be going, CA or TX. but i'm loving the "traffic" and your cute house.

Donna said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new house - I bet you are giddy with excitement - what to do with all that room!!!

emilymhjohnson said...

I am happy for you guys - seems like lots of good stuff right at your fingertips. But I totally understand Ethan and Kate having a meltdown at playgroup (and anyone else who might have had a meltdown). Being new is HARD!!! It takes me literally YEARS to feel at home somewhere. But I have a feeling you guys are going to love your new home! You'll be the stars of playgroup in no time. And definitely the cutest - that goes without saying.

B Brown said...

Your house is fabulous! and Aren't Texas parks amazing? Don't tell Sachia, but I still occassionally look at jobs for Mike out there.

Jean said...

Congrats! IT'S GORGEOUS!!! Way to find some sweet digs. That park is aaaahhh-some. I've only ventured to one park here in Tulsa so far, but I need a good one with water play like that!!

gunnfam said...

Wow...all your dreams came true!! I'm trying so stinkin hard to not be jealous as I type this. =) Actually I'm really happy you've found something that is that incredible. Ahhhhhh a garage.