Sunday, May 9, 2010

Dear Mom,

It's sad, but true, what they say. By the time you truly appreciate your mother, it's too late to show it. I wish I could go back in time and take a 4 hour nap for you, eat all of my food, do things the first time you asked, smile in public so everyone around you doesn't think your child is socially awkward, quietly color in church, and not fight with Thomas. Instead, I will have more patience with my children, knowing I was ten times worse, I will try to love them the way you love me, and I will say thank you. Thank for all of your patience, your love and the million other things you did for me when I was 2. I'll start there, knowing that I can't yet comprehend all of the things of which you did for me that I should be grateful for.
Happy Mother's Day, mom. I love you