I decided to do this one at a time. Kate first. She’s done great. She’s not perfect yet, but she’s done a trip to Wal-Mart (and went in the potty there), going out to dinner (also went there), NURSERY (and even told the nursery leader she had to go, which, if you know Kate, you would know this is a big deal- she is a shy one), and many other random trips around town. To be honest, she's got a perfect record out of the house. I guess she just feels more at home while at home and thinks that going on the kitchen floor once in a while is perfectly acceptable.
Lots of hangin' out in panties, lots of bubbles, and LOTS of juice.
Oh, and if you value our friendship at all, you wouldn't ask when I’m going to train Ethan. The thought of it makes me nauseous.
7 comments:
I wont' ask. Just let me offer unsolicited advice: Wait. Owen was nearly 3 and was so completely ready that it only took 3 days. Now...all kids are different but ....wait :)
Everybody told me to have Nate sit down to learn to potty. Which worked for about a week and then he decided standing was easier. So that's my advice with a crazy boy - if your toilet is low enough for them to stand . . . go for it.
No rush, that's for sure!
GOOD job Kate!
That is smart to do them at different times. Potty training two kids at once would give me a panic attack.
Um, like 12 people have told me to just wait until Weston's three to potty-train. So, instead of going through a long, horrible thing, I think I'm going to take their advice. :-)
And GOOOOOOO KATE!!!! WOOHOO!!!!
Good luck! I'm not looking forward to training Owen, but I'm sure it probably won't be for a while.
Hope you're enjoying Texas! Josh's second and third choices for residency were both in Texas, it seemed like it would have been a nice place to live.
I cannot believe Kate is already potty trained! You are amazing! It took Crew FOREVER!I am glad to see you guys are doing well. Love the new house! I want to hear how you potty trained Kate too...
I was just about to tell you to wait on Ethan and then I saw Karla's comment. She's 100% right. Max has just barely started to show interest & I feel it is Mike's job to show him how :) I'd rather him learn to stand since public bathrooms are gross & not everywhere we go will have a handy0dandy kid seat.
Good luck. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
p.s. GO KATE! Girls are way more advanced than boys.
Post a Comment