Tuesday, May 19, 2009

14 Months

1. They will eat ANY fruit or vegetable (dried, fresh, canned). They love dairy (cheese and yogurt, mostly). Tolerate very few meats. Not so much fans of grains- they don't like bread, tortillas or rice; they will eat oatmeal and pasta, so it's pasta almost every day. 2. Ethan now has 11 teeth (all 4 molars are all the way through- hallelujah!). Kate, still only 4. 3. I know I say this every month, but they LOVE swimming and it's pretty much expanded to anything to do with water. 4. Ethan's really getting the hang of eating with forks and spoons and is quite proud. Kate is all about efficiency when eating and those things just take too much time. 5. Ethan makes sound effects when driving his cars around the house. 6. Kate is starting to have a little curl in her hair. Let me rephrase that. She's starting to get a little hair and it happens to have a little curl. 7. Ethan has a golf set at my parents' house and he loves to walk around and hit the balls with the clubs. At home, he improvises and uses his hammer to hit the golf balls. 8. Ethan can blow kisses with his mouth. Yeah, so can a lot of kids. But Kate has the amazing ability to blow kisses from her ear. 9. Ethan is a little daredevil. He likes to climb on things and stand right on the edge. We have a little baby rocking chair (made by my Grandma for me) and he'll climb on it and while standing, rock the chair. 10. Kate LOVES to dance.
11. When we're going places that doesn't require a stroller, we can now walk to the car without it (we live in an apartment building where we have to walk to the elevator and then to the car in the garage- it's probably a 20 yard walk total- and it's probably taking longer, but I feel so free and they LOVE it).Here we are walking down the hall.
12. Kate is starting to feel better around dogs, but balloons really scare her. 13. Kate likes to wear her shades. A lot. 14. They each had their first real boo-boos this month, just in time for family pictures.

4 comments:

Millicent said...

I need to meet these cute kiddos of yours!!!

Nicole + Brock said...

I can not believe how grown up they are. Were did the time go. I miss you guys so much. I can't wait to see you guys. Yeah, I know September is along time away.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

What cute kids. In my opinion - you are just entering a FUN stage with them! They are adorable! And I'm impressed with their eating. :)

packermom said...

Oh, how did they get to be such big kids???!! I love hearing all about them.....and miss them like crazy!