Sunday, April 19, 2009

13 Months

(This is a combo post. 13 things intermixed with photos of this weekend. Friday, some girls in our ward went to the track and yesterday, Greg took us to the beach. It was a fabulous weekend with perfect weather and fun times.) 1. Their love of books is now an obsession. The words, "Wanna read a book?" cure EVERYTHING. And pretty much all they do all day is bring me a book and climb on my lap. When the book is over, they go get another. I have to admit it's pretty cute, especially when the book is a little too heavy and they have to lift with their elbows up, and they always have a huge grin on their face when they're bringing the book over. 2. Ethan is a little bit more adventurous when it comes to places and objects (really random things scare Kate, like big balls, or the sand, or places she's unfamiliar with). He's also a braver walker- he kinda just blazes through. Unfortunately, this leads to a lot more bruises, poor guy. Anyway, Kate is more adventurous when it comes to people, and she will take food from anyone, as seen here (not that Sachia is just "anyone"): 3. Ethan now has 10 teeth (yup, 3 really mean molars). Kate, still 4. 4. They each have a very particular "happy talk." When Ethan is happy, he says "gonghonkonkhonk" (I have no idea how to spell it, but it's deep in the throat). Kate will make any sound with d. "dadadada," "deeeee,"or "DUUUUUHHHH," or "adah." 5. We have what Sachia calls a "secret weapon" in our house. Our dear friend, Marva, gave us a swing, hoping we had a tree or porch to hang it from. We got a little creative, using our stairs, and it's the best thing to happen to this family since the bottle sterilizer. They LOVE it and will swing in it for as long as I will push them. I sometimes will clean the house with one swinging away. It's wonderful. 6. Every morning, we go out on our balcony and say "good morning" to the birdies. I'm sure our neighbors love us. 7. They both love to be tickled. If I'm tickling them for some reason, they will continue to do that so that I will continue to tickle them. If you ask Kate where her tummy is, she will get very excited and lift up her shirt just to be tickled. 8. They love to "throw" things. They're not the most coordinated kids. When they "throw," they lift something really high and then let it go and just laugh and laugh. Ethan will then chase after it and keep throwin. 9. They love to empty and refill. The kitchen drawers, the blocks bag, the toy bin. 10. They love to do funny things. When they know you are laughing at something they did, they will fake laugh back (which starts the cycle all over again). 11. They're interacting really well right now. They give each other high fives, they bump heads (and laugh about it), and they team up to do extra naughty things. 12. Ethan thinks sand is gross. 13. We are one very happy family right now, enjoying Greg being home a little bit more, beautiful weather, great friends, being close to family, and a wonderful life.

6 comments:

Jean said...

Yay 13 months! They are SO cute!! I love their happy sounds, and their fake laughing. Weston totally does that, too. (We appreciate it nonetheless.) Haha!

Megan R. said...

so cute, I can't believe they are 13 months. Time goes by way too fast

Millicent said...

What a beautiful family!

Jeannie said...

3 things:

1. Your family is adorable!
2. That swing is about the coolest thing ever.
3. What kind of bottle sterilizer did you get and where did you find it? (I'm thinking about one for Maddie.) Thanks! :)

Nicole + Brock said...

Coolest swing ever.

sachia said...

13 months is very fun! I am a little envious over the swing in the apt. lucky ducks!!!!!!!! Your babies are darling and Yes they still are babies. :)