I wait for the end of the school year like some people wait for Christmas. There's so much going on and that drives me a little nuts, but when that last day of school finally comes, I celebrate like nobody's biz.
But let's back up a bit...
The kids' school does a watch D.O.G.S. program where the dads come for a whole day. They help with security, and cleaning the playground, and fixing things, but mostly they get to hang out with their kids during recess and lunch. Sign ups are filled months in advance and the kids look forward to their day all year. Sadly, although it would be more accurate to say, devastatingly, Kate was sick on the day Greg was a watch dog, so Ethan got Greg all to himself for a full school day. Awesome sauce.
Drew finished soccer.
And that's all I have to say about that.
Kate nailed yet another dance recital.
Drew had the most incredible teachers this year. They loved him like you always hope teachers will love your kids. They embraced his quirkiness, and while he was certainly leaps and bounds ahead of the other kids in the class, he didn't walk away from it too cool for school. There has never been a boy more ready for kindergarten, or a mom more sad for it!








1 comment:
Glad they had a good year! I love the D.O.G.S. program. Such a great idea.
Now time for summer fun!
Post a Comment