Tuesday, August 4, 2015

California, part 1

We shall dub this summer, "the vacation without a stroller."
This annual visit to the homeland, we were able to do a lot of fun things without the giant monstrosity known as the stroller. Problem is, with no basket, comes no camera. So while you will see lots of fun had in the next few posts, you will see them through the lens of an iPhone.
There are worse things in life. 

To start off our adventure, I got to drive to Dallas to pick up my driving companion, who's been there helping Thomas and Jenn, who had TWINS. Oh man, they are adorable. 



First stop in Glendora was La Tolteca. I mean, can you even handle the deliciousness?


Come on, Texas. Or any other state I've ever lived in, to be honest. Get on board with this goodness!


This picture probably shouldn't be in here so early, since it really was a work in progress, but alas, my boy Drewbug became Drewfish while in California. The week before we left for vacation, I had him in swim lessons every day. It did little good, but he was willing to dip his face in the water for one second. By the end of our stay at Nana and Gramps', he could swim the length of the pool. So proud of my timid little man.


Every Thursday is lunch with Bumpa. I don't think anyone could ever understand how lucky I am to have a Bumpa. He is the sweetest, kindest, person alive, who also happens to have a quicker wit than any 95-year-old man has the right to have. I was able to sit with him a few times and just listen to stories (some juicier than others ;)) for hours on end. He's really just the best.


It's not summer at Nana's until we raid the Tangelo trees and make juice, the best juice in the world.


 Gramps and his buddy. (sorry buddy, not your best shot.) This one particular moment, I walked in to my dad's office to hear horse racing tips. TVG on one screen, Golf Channel on the other. 

No comments: