Our last day of adventure included a drive down to Tulum to see some ruins.
Lauren's travel tip #1: When you're touristing with kids, always pick the package that includes the train ride to the exhibit. The kids will be cranky enough on the tour alone. I will promise you that. Don't need to add a mile walk on the front and back end of that.
We saw plenty more of our large lizard friends.
Our tour guide, Limhi, was bomb-diggity. He was Mormon and liked to point out all of the possible Lamanite/ Nephite establishments. He talked to the kids about a "Tree of Life" engraving and the importance of reading the Book of Mormon every day. Big win with this guy.
And what's a visit to Mexico without holding a lemur?
After leaving the ruins, hot as sweaty like a Lamanite, we drove to one of the most beautiful and remote little beaches my eyes have ever been laid upon before.
There was even a little hut/restaurant with fresh fish tacos for our enjoyment. Also, swings and hammocks. I'm still not sure if it was real or imagination. But pictures don't usually lie, so I'm going to guess that it did happen.
We then got it one of those little boats and went to see the ruins from the water.
Quite spectacular, if I do say so myself.
We did a little snorkeling after this, and the twins were rock stars. Drew hated every second, making me hate every second, but it wasn't long before we were back in the boat and back on dry ground.
This concludes my Cancun recap. It was a fantastic vacation, one which I'm sure we will repeat. There's so much to do in Cancun, we could probably go every year for spring break and never run out of new things to do.
I got a comment asking where we stayed, but it was anonymous, so I can't respond directly. We stayed at the Westin Lagunamar Villas. I would absolutely recommend it for kids, especially if you're going on a week when college kids are likely to be there. They tend to stay away from places with kitchens. The kitchens are great, because kids are usually up and ready to eat and you can have breakfast (and lunch and dinner if you so desire) in the rooms. I'm sure there's places that are better, but this was good enough for us.












2 comments:
No way, Limhi was our tour guide too! Did he offer you a "complimentary" tree of life that his wife made?
So wonderful to "see" this vacation with you! Thank you for taking time to share it. I loved reading this so much.
Post a Comment