Monday, July 28, 2014

the Cabin

We just spent the last 7 glorious days in the cooler temperatures of Hayward, Wisconsin, at "the cabin." 

We did spend a night on both ends of the trip at Greg's parents' house, filling most of the time playing with Legos from the Packer boys' childhoods. It was a 4-way tie between Ethan, Greg, Doug, and Janet on who enjoyed those choke-and-trip-hazard toys coming out the most. 


But on to the cabin...
I swear that place has magical powers.


We took the jet skis (or Jeksis, as Drew would say) out a couple of times (past the second bridge, for those who know what I'm talking about), and it was so beautiful. It was so "in the middle of nowhere" you could hear your own echo. 


And, we saw a bald eagle. The first one I've ever seen in the wild. 





For some reason, one of our kids' favorite things to do, is go out to the middle of the lake and jump out and swim for a bit. 



You know you're doing something right on vacation, when your kids fall asleep on your evening boat rides.



Grandma always come equipped with tricks for a good time.








Oh, such a wonderful time. When you put together the perfect weather, leaving the stress of building a house, our kids' ages (they're finally old enough to not need naps and sleep when they're tired/ anywhere, making for a mostly crank-free week), the perfect mix of relaxation and adventure, and the food, this was one of my favorite vacations I've ever had. It was pretty close to perfection. I'm so lucky to have such wonderful in-laws who take such good care of us when we visit.
Until next time... 

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Such great pictures! I love them--and impressed that you are blogging so quickly. I think you're right. The cabin does have some special kind of magic. Glad you guys had a fun!

alisha said...

I love it! There are always great memories to be made at the cabin and I'm so happy to see that the kids loved it!