Wednesday, August 13, 2014

California, week one

Oh, California, I can never get enough of you. 

Two days after we got home from Minnesota, the kids and I headed to California. I wouldn't say that I would recommend back to back trips like that, but that's how it worked this year, and thankfully, it worked out splendidly. 

We spent a couple of days at the beach/ eating TK Burger. 

 Words cannot possible describe how much I love the beach. And I'm so glad my kids love it as much as I do.



 Day one was when my dad took the kids and I.

Day two was when Jimmy (and his family), Kristen, and Matt were in town.

That evening, we rented a Duffy boat and cruised through Newport Harbor.
If you've never been on a Duffy boat, it's very similar to the Jungle Cruise; only no one's there to tell bad jokes or show you the back side of water. Scratch that. There were 7 Secors there to tell bad jokes. But we didn't see the back side of water. 







 If you're wondering how my brother produced yet another adorable little girl, you're not alone.


The next day, we had a 5-generation party. My oldest cousin's (the one in the striped shirt) daughter (flowered shirt) had a baby a month ago, so they drove down to meet his great-great grandfather. Not too many people get to do that. (My aunt Jane was a stand-in for my Aunt Ann, who died before I was born. She is definitely not old enough to be a great-grandmother.)


 And what's vacation without cousins in matching jammies?

No comments: