Monday, June 9, 2014

Kinder picnic

Well, our first year of public education is in the books. 
It was a great year for both of them. They really love school and really thrive in a school setting. 

Kate's teacher, Ms. Quicksall, retired this year and she was especially emotional. She was the greatest teacher for Kate. She's a no-nonsense, rule-following, kind of teacher, who LOVED Kate. She was going around at the picnic saying goodbye to all the parents, and she walked up to me, started to cry, said, "no, I can't do it yet," and walked away. It was really hard to say good bye to a teacher who loves my Kate almost as much as I do. She assured me that all teachers will love Kate like she does because she's such a great kid- spoken like a great teacher. 

I realized right there at that picnic that being a twin must be the greatest thing on earth. They are such great friends. They each have their own friends, but they're always happy to see each other and they integrate their circles of friends so well. These two are lucky ducks.


Ethan's teacher was equally suited for him. Ms. Brisco was sweet, fun, and demanded "quality work" from him. (Ethan told us a few weeks back, "I don't want to go to first grade- they expect quality work." Funny kid.). I know she holds a special place in her heart for this kid, whom she could hardly say his name without placing the word "sweet" in front of it. We were so lucky to start things off with such fantastic teachers.


I tried to get some pictures with friends, but already, they're too cool for that. I did get a couple, both so fitting. Girls (Kate and Liza), snuggled up close as can be, smiles, big as can be.


Boys (Ethan and Cole), not to be touching, not to appear as thought they like each other or that they're having fun.

Both had a great year with great friends.




Sad it's over, but happy summer is here. Time to party!

2 comments:

alisha said...

I love the pictures of Kate and Ethan together!

Whitney said...

Love all these pics! So glad they had a good experience with Kindergarten! Just keep them off the bus - *wink*wink* :)