Saturday, November 9, 2013

Soccer

This season of soccer pretty much rocked in every way. Except for the part about actually having any athletic skill. Our team was definitely a little lacking in that department.
Our coach was awesome. He was so patient with all of them, which at times, was more difficult than others. (And for you, Hyde Parkers, yes, it's Dave Stevens- how cool is that? We're in the same ward, too!)
It was a great group of kids. The one on the far left held about 98% of the talent. And he was such a good sport about it. All of the parents were so great and fun to have on the sidelines.
Kate excelled in 2 categories- looking good (look at her holding strong against the glaring sun!), and defense. No really, she rocked it.
Ethan actually is pretty good and scored quite a few goals.

 Even though the opposition still has a good 20 pounds on him.

It was so great to have them on the same team. One practice. One game, each week. I could handle that. 
 See what I mean? I honestly think she single-handedly blocked 15 goals today. But I do have to give the fashion point to the other girl on this one. Socks with soccer balls AND purple ruffles? 
Point: other girl.


 I know I believe Drew to be the cutest thing known to man, but trust me when I say that he's the cutest cheering brother. Every single thing that Greg yells, Drew repeats. With dead seriousness.
Like I said, great year.

5 comments:

packermom said...

Glad Drew takes his job seriously.

Danielle said...

How fun the Stevens (Stevenses?) are in your ward!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Drew is adorable.

And you may have just inspired me to try soccer again. :)

alisha said...

I love that they do soccer every year. Good job Kate and Ethan! And Drew for cheering!

E B said...

I can picture it all! I keep in touch with Sarah Stevens and I can't believe I didn't know you ended up in the same ward.