Drew is 2 1/2. Well, yesterday he was 2 1/2. Today, he's 2 1/2 and 1 day. Pictures are being taken next month. I couldn't find a photographer in the area that I liked so we're heading back to Houston for the real talent.
Anyway, I wanted to put down some of the specifics of Drew at 2 1/2.
- He learned his full name: Andrewbug Thomas Packer
- He needs his privacy when using the loo.
- He calls Ethan and Kate "my kids."
- Phrases that he uses at least 10 times a day are, "I'm so happy now!" "I love you so much, Mommy." "Let's snuggle." "Mommy, play with me." "Let's race." "I miss my kids." And my personal favorite, "that's awkward." No wait. My fave is, "that is totally wicked."
- He often ends his sentences with, "though" or "actually."
- He drinks his weight in Instant Breakfast every day.
- He brushes his teeth about 3 times a day and is GREAT about letting me do it.
- I thought I got a lot of attention taking twins out in public. This kid puts twin attention to shame. Between his "white hair," his excitement for life, his talking skills, and, strangely, his height, I get a lot of comments.
- All these comments led me to measure and weigh the kid and it turns out the general public knows something about how tall a 2-year-old should be. He's in the 91%ile for height and 13%ile for weight. Tall and skinny. With a belly, and big ears. Definition of endearing, if you ask me.
- And while polite mothers say "thank you" or "oh, you should see him on his bad days" in response to, "he's adorable," I say, "I know!"
- He got a pair of tennis shoes. He calls them his running shoes and says he runs like mommy. We went for a run around the block once. He was in heaven. Maybe when the weather cools, we'll go on more.
- He answers questions in complete sentences. Like when asked if he wants a cookie, he says, "yes, I do want one."
- He's convinced me that there's one past "last time." It's called, "Last, last time."
- He still loves to dance. And he still strictly enforces that all listeners to music also dance.
- I thought he'd hate it when "his kids" went to school. He tells me he misses them a lot, but he is such a dream all day long. He tells me he's my buddy a lot and he really is.
- His imagination is expansive, but mostly in the transportation world. Last night, he said he was riding a motorcycle, so he spread his legs a bit while running and making sounds like a motor. He didn't let up. We were looking at a house and the realtor couldn't get enough of it.
- If I tell him to do something he doesn't really want to do, he'll say, "Okaaaay. Fiiiiine."
- He may still take a binky to bed, but he does his own dishes, makes my bed, puts his dirty clothes in the hamper, and rotates the laundry. He's my buddy and you can't have him.
- Something about me lends my kids to prefer a quiet day at home to the commotion of the world. He is no different. And watching him play with and talk to his toys is a highlight of my day.
- He's not the biggest fan of the child center at the gym. When I pick him up, he tells me, "I missed you and I cried a little bit, but I'm happy now. Can I have a treat?" And you know he gets one.
- He can count to something like 15 or 16 and no, he definitely does not skip "eleventeen."
- When he really wants something, he says, "please pretty." Cause pretty please is so overdone.
- He likes calling people on the phone and using the earpiece.
- He doesn't like too much tv, but he will watch UmiZoomi, Paw Patrol, and Wreck it Ralph. That's it.
- If it's not cars, it's balls. Kick em, throw em, catch em, hit em with a stick. He's a fan.
- He also loves to race. Boy howdy, that boy can run.
- He's very friendly with strangers and is really good about saying "please" and "thank you."
- Any mother knows this list is never ending. But I'll stop for now.





5 comments:
What a fun kid! Wish you were here so we could know him!
What a cute boy! And you don't need a photographer, girl! You've got made skills.
Ahh, I remember so clearly seeing the post of the twins' 2 1/2 year pics...and here we are w/Drew! Can't believe it. I'm so glad he has stayed adorable and hilarious and fun. I still kind of hope he marries Candy someday.
Aww Drewbug, I miss you.
So cute. We really miss you guys. You better visit when you come to Houston!
Post a Comment