Thursday, October 18, 2012

Drew- 19 months

 Sometimes, no matter how hard I look, I just can't seem to find Drew.
 Thankfully, he doesn't make me look for too long.
 This Drew of mine is sure a keeper. He is happy all the livelong day and finds himself to be of the utmost entertainment level. 

 Even when he puts on this pouty face, he's not fooling anyone.
 He's back in action in no time.

A few other things about this kid:
  • He LOVES milk ("Mi"). Asks for it all day, every day. We've finally narrowed it down to a 3 times a day schedule, but boy does he remember those times.
  • LOVES to be outside ("side?"). I even let him run in the rain for about an hour the other night. Hap.py. Camper.
  • LOVES cars ("guys"). Has one in each hand about 99% of his waking hours. When he goes to bed at night, he puts them in this special place (his changing table) and says good night to them and is pleased as punch to see them again each morning.
  • Also takes a strong liking to trains ("choo-choos") and balls.
  • Not so much a fan of blocks, like the twins were at this age.
  • He has a soft spot in his heart for dolls ("ba'-bee"). When he sees one, he'll stop what he's doing, call it by it's proper name, give it a love and a kiss on the mouth, then throw it to the side and move on with what he was doing.
  • He really thinks he is the funniest person alive. I wonder where he gets that from.
  • I like to think we're pretty good buds, but when Greg comes home, it's like, "Mommy who?"
  • He has humongous feet. He's already outgrown the shoes Ethan was wearing when he was 2 and a half. He also seems to be pretty tall.
  • Has big ears, but you already knew that.
  • Life is a race and he still "set.do"s before anything begins. 
  • Won't watch tv. Not that I've tried to force it, but if the twins are watching something, he'll watch for a second and then move on. I'd like to take a minute to pat myself on the back, here, because we really have cut tv out of our lives almost entirely. A movie here or there, but no regular watching for this family. 
  • He's a cuddle bug. 
  • Is not so much a fan of fruit, but he LOVES apples (and says it so perfectly and cute). I know it's a choking hazard, but really, it's the only fruit he'll eat.
  • He's not really a snacker (hallelujah), but he will snack on yogurt ("yo-yo") from time to time. 
  • If he does take a snack, it better not be in a ziploc bag, thank you very much. He's afraid of those and won't stick his hand in. He'll just dump the snacks out and partake.
  • He's a champion nursery-goer.
  • Goes to bed without a peep.
  • Wants to wear his shoes all day.
  • He has the softest, blondest hair and I love it.
  • I asked the twins, what does Drew like? Kate said: Going outside and eating cheese and apples.
  • Ethan said: Playing with his dad and playing with cars.
  • So there you have it. A pretty simple dude.

2 comments:

alisha said...

Oh that Drewbug is too cute! I love the picture of his feet sticking out from under the curtains. What a funny kid!

packermom said...

Miss my little snuggles with him. ....such a sweetheart.