Thursday, December 2, 2010

The darn things practically raise themselves

You know the moment when your kids are screaming but you’re almost finished doing whatever it is that you know will appease them (getting a meal ready, usually), so you let them scream and fight knowing it will only last a few more seconds until lunch is on the table? We were in that moment today when all of a sudden Kate asks Ethan to take off her shoes. For some reason, the fighting stopped, he started taking off her shoes and then next thing I know they are laughing hysterically and Kate is taking off Ethan’s shoes.

I very often let them work through their fights and it very often works out in an agreeable trade, but for some reason, this resolution just made my day.

IMG_9605-2010-12-2-13-30.JPGIMG_9607-2010-12-2-13-30.JPGIMG_9610-2010-12-2-13-30.JPG

5 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

while i can't fathom having twins for the first 18 months of their lives [one is enough at that age for me!] . . .

seeing twins together 2+ is absolutely the best.

Emily said...

So fun. Watching them interact has to be one of the best parts of having twins. By the way, I thought you were being sarcastic about having all your Christmas shopping done and everything wrapped and under the tree. Nope. There it is, right there under your tree like you said. Impressive, Lauren!

DocSamwise said...

"Teach them correct principals, and..." Good job Lo and Greg. Keep up the good work.

Jean said...

HAHA! Awww... they are so cute. I wish Weston had a perma-playmate like Ethan and Kate do. They're so lucky!!

Lindsey said...

Yeah that's the best. I think that's happened at my house. Maybe. I can't believe they don't tear into those presents...Calvin would be all over those :)