Saturday, November 27, 2010

'Tis the season

IMG_9590-2010-11-27-08-14.JPG

Cause nothing says Christmas like a cowboy hat and Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater in the palm trees outside the stable.

The decorations are up. The shopping is done. The presents are wrapped and either under the tree or off to their respective states (okay, I still have one more package to send).

Now we can focus on the more important parts of this holiday season:

Talking with my children about the birth of our Savior, and

Baking.

Does anyone have any holiday recipes that I must try this year?

5 comments:

Amber said...

Wow! You're ahead of the game. I'm almost ready to start THINKING about the Christmas decorations.
P.S. I really think the Cars themed nativity is genius--they should sell some like that.

Jean said...

Well, OF COURSE Lightning and Mater are waiting in the wings. Who else is going to drive the shepherds and wise men back home again?

And wow, I'm super impressed that you're not only done shopping but done wrapping. You go girl!!! We always bake those Hershey kiss cookies at Christmastime - they're a staple!

packermom said...

Wish I could say the same.....way to go.

B Brown said...

You are on fire girl! We got your card the other day- ADORBALE! Plus you are done shopping. Impressive.

Megan said...

Love the cars addition. Lucy added little people santa to ours so he could take Mary on a date in the sleigh cause she needs a break from the baby Jesus.