Menu: Homemade noodles. Pasta sauce made fresh from the tomatoes growing in our backyard. Steamed broccoli, with no butter or salt.
Either that, or it was SpaghettiOs, straight from the can.
We’ve never tried this delicacy before, but an empty bowl followed by “more please” is such a rare occurrence at this house, I’ll happily lower my lunchtime standards.
9 comments:
So I was incredibly impressed and feeling a little guilty about the wholesomeness of your lunch...
We just recently tried the O's too. It was such a hit that I'm considering making them a regular edition. So, you're not alone.
Oh man, that's a staple here. Not even name brand--great value spaghetti rings all the way. Cold from the can as well. Sick.
And yet, Megan (who is the pickiest eater alive) will eat an entire can in one sitting if I let her. I try to limit her and Brooke to one can to share :)
Enjoy the new-found meal! (and by that I mean enjoy watching your kids eat it, because man, that stuff is gross)
oh, i love it.
we recently went the spaghetti o's route and it's a hit. The other hit is the Buzz/Woody campbells chicken noodle soup.
Calder (like Jason) hates red sauce and I can't seem to get him to eat it, so we struck out on the spaghetti-o's. It's sad I was hoping that would be my transition to having him like red sauce.
Oh and I can't believe how big your kids are looking. You're right, there is something magical about 2 1/2 that makes your kids look like kids not babies.
We've never taken the Spaghetti's route, but we may just have to lower our standards too. Looks like a good time.
Ha Ha When I read the first of this post I fell off the couch and was dying that you were being all domestic?? But then I contiued reading and was able to get back up off the floor and realized you are the same old LC that I remember! That was a close call!
I was about to say who are you and what did you do with my friend? :) Just kidding. Spaghetto-O's sound so much more fun!
PS... we need to have a little visit.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
I love this post. You really had me going there for a second. I was thinking, "Oh great... another awesome mom with her awesome homemade food that I have to try to emulate..." LOL!
Post a Comment