This in-between stage is awesome. They are really good at communicating their wants/needs and the "terrible twos" have yet to begin. They know our daily routine and are pretty good about following it. This isn't to say that following the rules can't be fun.
- Last night, we went grocery shopping. They love riding in the car cart, as long as I can do all the shopping in under 10 minutes. Last night, I did, so they were really good. As I was unloading the cart, they decided to load their part of the cart with "CANDY!!" (how did they even know that it was candy? They've never seen wrapped candy. Greg, would you like to answer this?) Anyway, I finished what I was doing and asked them to put the candy bar back. They did, and the 7 or 8 candy bars that they had be stashing. One day, we're going to walk out of the grocery store thieves.

- They love "clean-up," usually. Ethan likes to put things in the wrong place, like the blocks in the train box, and say, "Nooooo. das silly!" then quickly putting it where in belongs.

- Kate is really good about saying "excuse me" after a burp or a toot. The other day, Ethan burped and Kate said, "say cuse me, EE." Ethan said it.

- This morning Ethan sneezed. He ran up to me, snot hanging from his nose, and said, "wipe nose, please." I can just just see him now, senior in high school, asking a teacher to wipe his nose.

3 comments:
Hahaha!! Those are really funny. I love Kate's "cuse me" directive to Ethan, and I love the "wipe nose" thing, too. Weston just says "tissue" when that happens, but I'm glad that he recognizes snot as an unpleasant thing. Oh, and you totally reminded me about the car carts. I've never used one, but I bet Weston would LOVE it. (And maybe I'd actually be able to bring him grocery-shopping for once.)
I can't believe they are talking so well! That is awesome and they are so well behaved...I wish my kids would clean up!
oh they are so darling......love the things they are saying.
Post a Comment