Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The junk we let our kids eat while on vacation...

Night one- Five guys grilled cheese (not pictured) followed by the richest gellato I've ever tasted. Ethan had a bite or two.
This doesn't really count as junk food per se, more like (as my baby sleeping books call it) "junk sleep". This is the only way Ethan would sleep in Utah, so in case we hadn't had enough time in the car, we went for 2 hour car rides a couple of days.
We were so lucky to be there for Ella's birthday party. She sure is a cute little one and was quite the trooper this week when her big cousins kept stealing all of her toys. Isn't she a doll?
I don't have any pictures of Kate at the party, but Ethan managed to get his picture taken when he was in the middle of some naughty business.
And for the healthiest snack of the week, water from the hose.
(how cute are they all in their diapers?)
Next up. Ben & Jerry's smoothies while watching the fountains at the Gateway.
so I know that Kate is big. Really big, even. But I swear she didn't look THIS monstrous next to these little ones the whole time. I'm going to give the disclaimer that she was on a hill.
Moving right along. Hot dogs and potato chips at Shady Acres.
The highlight of our trip (in my opinion) was Saturday. It started off with firetrucks, then to the Brigham City Peach Days Parade. Ethan and Kate LOVED it. Couldn't take their eyes off it. And going along with the theme of this post, they enjoyed their first parade with their first taste of popcorn (peaches 'n cream flavored, no less).
Try not to get too jealous of my hair.
After the parade, we headed over to Peach City for the best peach shakes I have ever encountered. Kate thought they weren't half bad.
Ethan didn't really see what the big deal was. On the ride home, things got a little hairy. At about hour 6, we had to bust out the emergency dum dums.
Look at that look. I didn't even dare try to pry it from her sticky hands.
Now we're home. I don't know that we'll ever attempt such a feat again. It was really rough but I sure do love visiting Utah. Friends, family, Cafe Rio. The kids thought it would be nice to bring something back from Utah with them- stuffy noses. It's fun.

11 comments:

Emily said...

Ok...Ethan's face with that blue lollipop in his mouth is priceless. How did you get the cutest twins? By the way, let me know when you guys are here next. I would love to see you!

PS I am jealous of your hair in that one picture

The Swindlehurst's said...

I told you those dumb dumbs would come it handy...and just think you weren't going to let me bring them over!PS can you not post pict of your hair like that again, its really ruining my reputation.

the girls upstairs said...

hey Lo. thanks for putting these up. makes my day better. kate is huge (and adorable). ethan is a stud. and you're pretty cool too. tell bil hey too.
i cant wait til i have twins! and then you can babysit for me! wahooo!
disclaimer: i'm not prego. just saying someday..
courto!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I am VERY, VERY impressed with that car ride of yours! But I agree, Utah is always FUN.

lyndsey said...

utah isnt THAT fun. but i will admit we do have plenty of delicious things to eat up here. glad you survived the trip.

Unguren said...

We are going to be making the same trip to California in Oct. I will be sure to pack some dum dums for our trip.

Jean said...

Hahaha! You pretty much captured the appeal of Utah - family, friends, Cafe Rio. There you have it. :-)

And I'm really surprised you guys managed to get all that food down the kids' throats. You're right, they wanted no part of it.

packermom said...

I wish the trip could have been easier somehow, but I appreciate the sacrifices to get there and be a part of it all. Thank you, thank you!! I hope you are recovering well. I brought the sniffles home, too.

Love the pictures and miss the kids! Thanks again.

The Hyer Family said...

Yeah, we don't drive to Utah anymore...we just decide that we're going to go and save the money...its WAY too hard...

Jon said...

I'd just like to thank Greg and Lauren for calling us when they came into town...oh wait! I was just talking to Jon Fife about you guys. It's been way, way too long. I hope you are well. Maybe the next time you're in town we can hang out.

stian said...

this is seriously soooo cute!!
and ella is gorgeous!!
and food has never looked so good!!
now its time to come to rexburg!!
xoxo,
auntie stian